Privacy News You might want to read up on the latest CCleaner update before installing it

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I to switched to Bleachbit. I don't need CCleaner's nose stuck rummaging through my data.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I'm still using the 'CCleaner Pro' version. The 'Privacy' tab was reduced to two options after the last update, what I find incredulous is that un-checking both boxes on 'Privacy' tab is that randomly (tonight for example) both boxes are now checked & 'Active Monitoring' always re-checks within minutes regardless of what I do, like just now. Either it's a colossal bug or Avast thinks we are idiots. I don't thing I'm losing the plot either?

Going to submit a ticket regarding this while still under licence. I have reinstalled & it's still the same. I bought last week at a very low price 'Privacy Eraser Pro'. Although I find as been mentioned in the past this leaves according to 'CCleaner' cookies behind despite the correct options being ticked. Anyone else had this issue? And are there other programs that do a good clean that take into account Chromes changes for example, I have used BleachBit but it does seem a bit behind - Paul

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Step in the right direction!

~LDogg
Also from Engadget:
"This shouldn't have been an afterthought."
Their priorities are not in the right direction.

I've not used CCleaner in 12 months, not due to the malware-incident or the privacy-issues, it's the fact the software is crap. Mediocre at best. The more people that realise this, the better. As for Avast, they're just further pushing CCleaner into the ground.

If you want to continue supporting Piriform, you're also supporting Avast's recent bad practices.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.