Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The FF android version is also affected. How to fix that?

Delete and manual extensions download failed. Says 'extension seems to be corrupted'

Luckily FF for android is no longer my main browser. It's being KIV. I'm using Kiwi and Privacy browsers now.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I dont remember a more annoying bug in browser history than this, at least considering the affected user base.

In my machine Firefox actually removed all my extensions and now I got some error while trying to install them back.

Ps: For me it isnt a big deal because Brave is my main browser, but it is annoying anyway.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
OK got back ALL my extensions for tablets and android FF. Just download the file in the below link and follow the instructions

Download the linked xpi and install by dragging into your Firefox window. All add-ons should immediately be re-enabled and does not require installation of the RC version

Read

For android

Just download the file into your default dl folder, open it with file explorer, tap on it, select FF to open it: voilà !

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've had issues recently with losing some many extension settings due to changes in FF extension system which have peeved me somewhat - As I also use & now prefer (shock horror) Chrome but have always for decades liked two browsers, FF deleting my extensions galvanized me into a solution: I deleted FF, the issue(s) has gone away! hopefully the new MS Edge will meet all requirements & Chrome will be dispensed with but had enough of faffing with FF recently - With one browser I'm still alive but nervous :eek: There is little wonder Chrome is way out in front.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I've had issues recently with losing some many extension settings due to changes in FF extension system which have peeved me somewhat - As I also use & now prefer (shock horror) Chrome but have always for decades liked two browsers, FF deleting my extensions galvanized me into a solution: I deleted FF, the issue(s) has gone away! hopefully the new MS Edge will meet all requirements & Chrome will be dispensed with but had enough of faffing with FF recently - With one browser I'm still alive but nervous :eek: There is little wonder Chrome is way out in front.

You can have two alternatives to Chrome right now: Edge Dev and Brave released or Beta are good to go.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
OK got back ALL my extensions for tablets and android FF. Just download the file in the below link and follow the instructions

Download the linked xpi and install by dragging into your Firefox window. All add-ons should immediately be re-enabled and does not require installation of the RC version

Read

For android

Just download the file into your default dl folder, open it with file explorer, tap on it, select FF to open it: voilà !

Worked flawlessly! Thank you.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Updates – Last Updated: 13:22 EDT May 5 2019
  • A Firefox release is being pushed — version 66.0.4 on Desktop(link is external) and Android(link is external), and version 60.6.2 for ESR(link is external). This release repairs the certificate chain to re-enable web extensions, themes, search engines, and language packs that had been disabled (Bug 1549061(link is external)). There are remaining issues that we are actively working to resolve, but we wanted to get this fix out before Monday to lessen the impact of disabled add-ons before the start of the week. More information about the remaining issues can be found by clicking on the links to the release notes above. (May 5, 13:22 EDT)
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/
--
66.0.4 thru internal updater
4959.png

--
Download Firefox in your language
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Version 66.0.5, first offered to Release channel users on May 7, 2019
Further improvements to re-enable web extensions which had been disabled for users with a master password set (Bug 1549249). More support information
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/66.0.5/releasenotes/
--
66.0.5 thru internal updater
4971.png

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Version 60.6.3, first offered to ESR channel users on May 8, 2019
Further improvements to re-enable web extensions which had been disabled for users with a master password set (Bug 1549249). More support information
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/60.6.3/releasenotes/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.