Your opinion about my videos

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hello, since i pissed off a lot of people and fanboys with review of Malwarebytes AntiExploit Free, i want your opinion about my other videos. I can't record widescreen because it's due to my monitor, and there is no way to stretch video in Camtasia Studio. Every good and bad opinion is welcome. I also forgot to mention what's your opinion about me ? I have some issues with myself,but that doesn't matter.

Sincerely, Malware Test :) .

R

rocky

Thread author
In your line of work if you're honest and accurate you are never going to please everybody and sometimes you won't please the majority. When I watch videos it is only what is posted here and I watch what I might be interested in by title not who the video is by and I read all the responses and use the whole thread to base my decision . I'm not qualified to rate a security video but I can say I don't mind watching your's anymore than anyone else's. I have issues too I just don't admit it!:) Take Care,rocky

Reactions: MalwareT

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I think you should not worry so much about what other people think.
You make a Video test where you compare or review product X, now besides the point that such test does not reflect the truth in any shape or form it does provide sometimes info that might be useful.
But none the less its your video which represents your opinion and as such it needs to be respected.
So if that pisses people off then so be it as its not your problem, if they have a problem with it or a problem in the way you do your tests then they can contact you and advise things to do differently.
Everything else is irrelevant.

Don't worry dude..

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Agree with above posts... Try to use Sony Vegas or other similar and you can easily make the video fit the screen (I don't know about Camtasia) I worked with Sony Vegas, try to watch a tutorial for best rendering options (better quality, less size) and to make it fit the screen just right click on the video on the timeline -> Properties -> un-check Maintain aspect ratio.

Reactions: Manzai and MalwareT
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@Malware Test :

- your vids are generally well done, after aesthetics is a matter of personal taste.
- if you care to read the guidelines i made , they may help you improve your videos.

now what you should correct/do (if you didn't):

- Never say a product is "bad" based on one test , do a serie of tests , in a long time duration , like one test a week for one-two months. if you can't do that , just say its performance during this test and this test only was low.
imagine i meet you one time and then i say "this guy suck " based on a feeling i had without facts before even knowing you more than that.i am sure you will be frustrated (so are the devs)
- when you say it failed, be sure to backup your statement , be sure your the testing system is updated with all common modules (java, flash, .net, etc...); be sure the links are real malwares/exploits (dont just copy-paste during the test, try them first many times)
- be sure to know how the product works; use it intensively for real for at least a week.

for all testers here:

it is NOT a race , don't be forced to do lot of videos because the others do , i prefer watching a very well done and detailed video once a week, rather than a dozen average one a day.

Now this is my opinion based on my experience here in MalwareTips and even before when i (and some staff here) was on Remove-Malware.com ( Rizos tests, for those who knows what i am talking about) , you were not the first to do it and will not be the last, this forum had many testers (some of them did awesome videos that last 5mn but very complete and flawless that set the standards) like MrXidus (our Super-mod).

people will always bash you, just because your tests are amateur tests, and that is a fact , you are not professional , you lack resources, structures, time and technician to do, so just do the best you can.

thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@Malware Test :

- your vids are generally well done, after aesthetics is a matter of personal taste.
- if you care to read the guidelines i made , they may help you improve your videos.

now what you should correct/do (if you didn't):

- Never say a product is "bad" based on one test , do a serie of tests , in a long time duration , like one test a week for one-two months. if you can't do that , just say its performance during this test and this test only was low.
imagine i meet you one time and then i say "this guy suck " based on a feeling i had without facts before even knowing you more than that.i am sure you will be frustrated (so d te devs)
- when you say it failed, be sure to backup your statement , be sure your the testing system is updated with all common modules (java, flash, .net, etc...); be sure the links are real malwares/exploits (dont just copy-paste during the test, try them first many times)
- be sure to know how the product works; use it for real for at least a week.

for all testers here:

it is NOT a race , don't be forced to do lot of videos because the others do , i prefer watching a very well done and detailed video once a week, rather than a dozen average one a day.

Now this is my opinion based on my experience here in MalwareTips and even before when i (and some staff here) was on Remove-Malware.com ( Rizos tests, for those who knows what i am talking about) , you were not the first to do it and will not be the last, this forum had many testers (some of them did awesome videos that last 5mn but very complete and flawless that set the standards) like MrXidus (our Super-mod).

people will always bash you, just because your tests are amateur tests, and that is a fact , you are not professional , you lack resources, structures, time and technician to do, so just do the best you can.

thanks.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I have no problems with you videos. I think it is better than those mediocre vids floating around youtube. True you can't please everybody especially those fan boys. As long as you think you did the right thing, that you are objective everything is fine.

People should have at least the decency to take in account the effort for making those videos.

Reactions: Cowpipe and Moose
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I removed my Facebook account when i joined here because my friends doesn't give a sh** about me, they making fun of me that i'm rocker, and you guys are awesome. Everyone cares and everyone here is nice to me. Yes, i'm trying to make videos best i can,and my biggest issue is because i know too much and i'm lonely person. It takes me a lot of time to record those videos, i'm trying my best.

Reactions: Cowpipe

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I just subscribed to your youtube channel

Reactions: Moose
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
If you have some doubts about a test you do, just put it somewhere private with a link here so our members can check it and gives opinions before you made it public.

Reactions: Moose and MalwareT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.