Behold Eck

Level 11
Verified
I'm liking it a lot so far, as it is only a firewall, without extras I don't need. I'm using the default configuration and not received alerts yet when software makes an outgoing connection. I'm a but surprised by this, as I thought I would receive alerts for at least some software, such as some of the PUPs I use.
If you go into "view programs" via the advanced settings of the "Application Contol" you can set it manually "to ask" on the outbound for any program listed.

Regards Eck:)

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
If you go into "view programs" via the advanced settings of the firewall you can set it manually "to ask" on the outbound for any program listed.
Thanks. When using the default settings, does it only prompt when it thinks there is something malicious?

Reactions: Behold Eck

Behold Eck

Level 11
Verified
Thanks. When using the default settings, does it only prompt when it thinks there is something malicious?
I`ve edited my original post as it`s in the Firewall/Application Control/Settings/view programs/ then you can edit.

I didn`t have ZA on default long enough to notice any alerts but got plenty of outbound alerts as expected from editing the "view programs" tab.

Only been using it for a week or so (as I had a problem with Comodo uninstalling) but seems light enough and has good outbound monitoring so I`m happy enough thus far.

Pity that it doesn`t agree with Panda, that would have been a very light combo.You could try a different order of install just to see if it makes any difference ?

Regards Eck:)

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and roger_m