• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
If you are not using first 3 web browser, then you are in 4th category "Other" , then please tell us your web Browser name.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Pretty much all browsers.... I use chrome and firefox mostly + Internet Explorer 11 Sometimes.
Chrome is what i use the most.

lampone

Oct 22, 2013
Firefox - mainly /because it's free and doesn't stoke/. Chrome - sometimes /because I can see easily every webpages code/. Internet Explorer - only when the other two are really not functioning at all :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I use both "Chrome" & "Firefox"(my default on XP) while my wife (who was formerly allergic to I.E.) opts for the latest :eek:"Explorer" because it works quickest on Windows 7. Why then did I mark the circle that says "other"?:rolleyes: On Windows 8.1 I use 3 other browsers.
  • Comodo Dragon http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Comodo-Dragon.shtml the lighter "Bad Boy" little brother to Chrome.:) "Why?", you might ask, when security patch updates are few an far between? It's fast. Comodo's nimble clone is just as fast as even the new(-er) Internet Explorer, & on XP (our XP) it nearly outshines my favorite Firefox. Comodo's "Dragon" accepts most, though not all, of the security add-ons I prefer & use on Firefox! ScriptBlock has taken over the duties of NoScript, and except for updates, browse using Sandboxie Free Sandboxie.com.
  • Cyberfox x64 www.8pecxstudios.com & Palemoon x64 www.palemoon.org are two of my new favorites! Both are fast, light, & respond like Superhero versions of Firefox on Windows 7 & 8 with no cryptonite!:D Neither work on XP.:oops: These browsers are both "Portable", & were installed on our 495 GB External Flash Drive.
  • After adding the www.portableapps.com platform (3 MB dowload/6MB installed) on the same "Thumb-drive", I added Maxthon Browser from the platform itself!;) It's the easiest way not to install a browser on your system, though is still in it's fledgling stages (for me) as I'm itching to add extensions.:p
  • Lastly, on XP, I have been using Yandex Browser, a Chromium/Webkit/Blink engine browser which, though not as nimble (we're talking about our XP here..):rolleyes: it sticks with me through my posts & allows my reading of some fine post here on MT,:) and is very stable! Read about it here:cool: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Yandex-Browser.shtml

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I moved to it in like September after Chrome messed up on me several times. In my opinion, it's faster than chrome, but very similar to Chrome besides the sandboxing feature
i am very surprised to see you consider chrome slower than Firefox. I 've used many PC's and this is not truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.