ZAL as replacement to HMP.A on Keystroke Encryption

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

In view of my HMP.A. pending expiry and I have no intention to renew it. I wondered if ZAL is able to perform decently good job in terms of keystroke encryption? I also own a Lifetime ZAL as well, thought of make use of it. rather than getting a renewal of HMP.A.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hi,

In view of my HMP.A. pending expiry and I have no intention to renew it. I wondered if ZAL is able to perform decently good job in terms of keystroke encryption? I also own a Lifetime ZAL as well, thought of make use of it. rather than getting a renewal of HMP.A.

HMP.A. is a far far better product IMO. Also I don't trust Zemana's wonky, exposed, distributed cloud scanning system on random PC's around the world. (see thread) Also Zemana doesn't offer any mitigations, and I find HMP scanner to be vastly superior.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
HMP.A. is a far far better product IMO. Also I don't trust Zemana's wonky, exposed, distributed cloud scanning system on random PC's around the world. (see thread) Also Zemana doesn't offer any mitigations, and I find HMP scanner to be vastly superior.

Honestly I don't need cloud scanning stuff from Zemana, I just wanted the Keystroke Encryption.
Furthermore I have never used a single scanning from HMPA as well. lol. :cool:

Reactions: XhenEd

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Last time I checked, I believe that keystroke encryption in HMP.A was free. So if you simply want that feature you can just keep HMP.A even when it expires which would only disable the paid features like exploit mitigations.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I've analyzed some keyloggers in the past and many of them are very simple, using GetKeyState function. This function (along with GetAsyncKeyState and others) is one of the most checked by a good antivirus that, most likely will detect a suspicious behaviour.

Some sophisticated keyloggers create a hook to the int21 of the keyboard, and they use a reliable method of sending the keystrokes using a "send" GET/POST type to a backend in PHP for example, or they work at a low level by hooking directly to the interrupt.

Some keyloggers of this type are essentially based on WH_KEYBOARD_LL Windows hook. This hook allows to intercept low-level keyboard event generated by the user. By specifying an appropriate callback (in some case RawInputKeyboard), it is possible to hijack all the keystroke to this function, recording them in memory. The keystrokes are recorded in a dynamic buffer that increases, based on the amount of received data. Usually these keyloggers “empty” the buffer by sending data to a specific and configurable URL. The submission (a simple HTTP POST call) is made over the library libCurl. A secondary hook (WH_MOUSE_LL), allows to receive mouse events (position, left click, right click, double click, etc..).

However, if you want a good anti keylogger, I suggest you a simple test using Hooker Lite and seeing which of them works fine for you.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Just don't use both modules for keystroke encryption :p

I have some crazy login or terminal issue sometime on VMware using HMPA keystroke encryption

Happen only on Linux VM

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Didn't even know HMPA was free lol

Anyway, using HMPA without the anti-exploits features is pointless to me, like using an AV without using it scanners...

Precisely.
Now waiting to say RIP to HMP.A lol
Preparing to buy KeyScrambler Premium lol

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Keystroke encryption = Keyscrambler, that is it; they do it at system level.

Do I need to add Keyscrambler in order to get Keystroke encryption if I already have this combo: Avast Free + CFW (cs settings)? Thanks bro :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.