ZAM, MBAM, MBAE, HMPA discussion

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
IMO one of the two should be on-demand(Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium + Zemana Premium), if you don't get conflicts good for you.
Hitmanpro Alert got your back...

Thanks for sharing your config!:cool:

Hitmanpro Alert only consume 2Mb memory...

And MBAE uses less. :)

Just because he doesn't have conflicts now doesn't mean he won't in the future.

Zemana's detection is more surperior than HMP. Plus the protection for Free given by MBAE is more than enough. A majority of the products I use on my config I payed for but only because I hope for the work of the product to get better.

Reactions: DardiM

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
And MBAE uses less. :)
As Hitmanpro Alert has 3 different protection Safe Browsing+Exploit Mitigation+Risk Reduction 2Mb is quite light

Zemana's detection is more surperior than HMP. Plus the protection for Free given by MBAE is more than enough.

No problem with ZAM either real-time or on-demand as I also use it, no need for MBAE he already has HMP.A.

Let Zemana run as your real-time protection. Its Pandora cloud analysis is top-notch.
True,
but he's referring to is MBAM: Malicious Website Protection that why he continues using it as he said it detect malicious sites that others dont, my suggestion would be to disable MBAM real-time Malware Protection so he can run all 4 software real-time and avoid possible conflict.

Reactions: King Alpha

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
As Hitmanpro Alert has 3 different protection Safe Browsing+Exploit Mitigation+Risk Reduction 2Mb is quite light

No problem with ZAM either real-time or on-demand as I also use it, no need for MBAE he already has HMP.A.

True,
but he's referring to is MBAM: Malicious Website Protection that why he continues using it as he said it detect malicious sites that others dont, my suggestion would be to disable MBAM real-time Malware Protection so he can run all 4 software real-time and avoid possible conflict.

MBAE's New Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Adds Fingerprinting Detection really good detection

Zemana can overtake HMP's Scanning while MBAE's protection (Free) can be used instead of HMP's Exploit Protection. I enjoy the work MBAM does but even with Malicous website protection it doesn't really make that much difference as phising sites and malware sites usually are recovered. A website rater extention can be used to classify certain sites. Just my take on it. :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
How come when it comes to the War Room (Help Me Decide - WinAntiRamsom +/- WinPatrol or MBAM + MBAE or HitmanPro.Alert), you guys don't post with these kinds of quality comparisons? It's more appropriate there than it is here. It benefits more people as well. @J Gamez065 @Duotone

I didn't want to go off topic by mentioning Zemana Anti-Malware. As its not one of the products listed. Also as this was a persons config just wanted to let them know about possible conflicts with their software. ;)

Reactions: JB007

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
How can I know if there is a conflict ?
On their Websites MBAM and ZAM are saying that their softwares don't conflict with other security softwares:oops:
I made the following exclusions.
MBAM Exclusions.PNG
ZAM Exclusions.PNG

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hello
How can I know if there is a conflict ?
On their Websites MBAM and ZAM are saying that their softwares don't conflict with other security softwares:oops:
I made the following exclusions.
View attachment 103938
View attachment 103939

When running two AVs or Anti-Malwares (Three in your case, MBAM, HMP, and ZAM can cause computer slowdowns. And take a huge toll on your computer in the long run.) You might not experience it immediately but I personally would just use HMP and MBAM as scanners. Add MBAE for exploit protection and Zemana for protection as well. :)

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
@Alkajak not really my intention... still on the topic of JB007 config EIS+MBAM+ZAM+HMP.A. last post was MBAM can run with only Malicious website protection on to avoid conflict.

Inadvertently answered HMP.A memory usage and protection, stopped from there as MBAE and HMP.A was compared.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.