Assigned Zemana Anti-Keylogger v2 a replacement for Zemana AntiMalware?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Wow:) Great work brothers for replying quickly and in detail! This was so helpful.
I want to tell you thank you so much for taking the time to read my question. I appreciate your valuable advice.

You guys at MalwareTips really helped me find hope... I feel excited to be a part of this great family, experienced and enthusiastic team.

I am amazed so much to know that there's always someone out there at MalwareTips who cares.

MalwareTips is my sweet home, I love it and I will protect it forever :D It's No. 1 and best of the best website I have ever seen it in my life.

I saw alot of sites and forums over internet since 2008 but nothing will beat MalwareTips. I just hope to see MalwareTips at the top. I wish you very good luck.

Long Live MalwareTips <3 ;)

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Yes, MalwareTips forums are really great!

Great!.jpg

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
What is this? I had just bought a 3pc/3yr license of the antimalware. This is very dissapointing to say the least. They can conduct giveaways for sure. But to combine the products.... and now I cant even make sense of what use my 3 year license is going to be. Can someone please help me out here. I have messaged them regarding this but have got no reply back either from the support page or from the fb page.
I too have the same issue. I had purchased a 1 PC / 3 year license of ZAL and 1 PC / 1 Year License of ZAM.
Yesterday, I uninstalled both ZAL and ZAM installed the new ZAL v2 and it automatically recognized the 1 PC / 3 year License of ZAL I had purchased a few weeks ago.
So I did not lose any money on ZAL but yes my purchase of ZAM 1 PC / 3 YEAR was lost.
Also, the price of ZAL V2 now is far far lower. I purchased today 3 PC / 3 Year License of ZAL V2 at us$ 20

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
I'm running ZAL along with Mbam since the combining of ZAL & ZAM - Anyone else running it with Mbam Pro & any issues? I'm thinking of not running Mbam in real time & just using ZAL along with ESET SS but was going to hang on a few weeks until ZAL is reasonably bug free?
I run MBAM Premium with ZAL V2 and there is no problem. But yes, we can get rid of MBAM Premium or atleast deactivate the Realtime component.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Is anyone else experiencing high CPU? I'm getting near 100% spikes every few minutes:

ZAL 2.21.PNG

Also, scans with 2.30.2.37 take over twice as long as the previous version.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I was just curious because when I installed zemana anti-keylogger it came with realtime protection, and Pandora cloud-sandbox technology, so can it replace zemana anti malware (realtime)
Yes now Zemana Antilogger now has inbuild realtime protection and the other features listed.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

bobby holla

Level 2
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
With Zemana protection (+ if you activate Pandora technology that I highly recommend) you do not need MalwareBytes at all, it will just consume your resources for nothing :)

I would personally trust Zemana to run itself without antivirus, but I still keep ESET just to be there. Zemana cannot block malicious webpages, but antivirus does it.
Sorry, what Zemana product you are referring to keep than MalwareBytes. ZAM or ZAL?

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
...and is HMPA useful with ZAL ?
As HMP.A is mainly an Anti-Exploit tool, I'd say yes! They work - almost - flawlessly in combination to a real-time AV (in my case, Emsisoft Internet Security v11.10.0.6563).
But beware of the keylogger protection both tools employ. Cannot speak about the current stable of ZAL v2.30.2.75, but the versions before I had to deactivate Keystroke Encryption in HMP.A for all browsers but Edge (which isn't supported regarding that by HMP.A yet), in order to type.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
As HMP.A is mainly an Anti-Exploit tool, I'd say yes! They work - almost - flawlessly in combination to a real-time AV (in my case, Emsisoft Internet Security v11.10.0.6563).
But beware of the keylogger protection both tools employ. Cannot speak about the current stable of ZAL v2.30.2.75, but the versions before I had to deactivate Keystroke Encryption in HMP.A for all browsers but Edge (which isn't supported regarding that by HMP.A yet), in order to type.
Thanks @Der.Reisende :)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
@Der.Reisende , Thanks for the link.
But it's more a conflict than an issue, isn't it ?
You're welcome! It's a conflict, you're right ;) However, there seems to be no workaround but disabling the option for the browsers in HMP.A (least influence, still maximum protection as long as ZAL works flawlessly) as both products do what they're supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.