Assigned Zemana Anti-Keylogger v2 a replacement for Zemana AntiMalware?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpsgc

Level 1
Verified
Feb 6, 2014
Quick question:

I have ZAL running at startup but from a couple of versions back, it now displays the main window at startup instead of just running hidden in the background.

Does anyone else get that issue?

Thanks.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Quick question:

I have ZAL running at startup but from a couple of versions back, it now displays the main window at startup instead of just running hidden in the background.

Does anyone else get that issue?

Thanks.
Try updating to the latest version and see what happens then, ZAL still runs in the background here. ;)

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Use Windows Defender in 'hardened' mode with Zemana AntiL/M and your own logic, that should be enough. Perfect ice on the cake could be WFC (Windows Firewall Control).

On the other hand, if u lack sense, no amount of 'security' software will help you. Also keep in mind... to be paranoid in this age (time) is absurd :). In digital space nothing is private nor secure ;).

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Use Windows Defender in 'hardened' mode with Zemana AntiL/M and your own logic, that should be enough. Perfect ice on the cake could be WFC (Windows Firewall Control).

On the other hand, if u lack sense, no amount of 'security' software will help you. Also keep in mind... to be paranoid in this age (time) is absurd :). In digital space nothing is private nor secure ;).

If I were the only one to use this PC that would be fine, & I could use minimal security but having teenage children changes the situation quite a lot which is why I have to beef up my security as they use this & thier own PC's when I'm not around: Though IMO the real answer lies in multiple backups along with regular C:\ imaging. Eventually the teenagers will leave home ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.