Assigned Zemana Anti-Malware 2.4.1.100 Release Candidate and new opswat engines

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
As of today Feb. 17, Zemana Antimalware is a Release candidate plus it's engines are changed to opswat metascan 5 best engines listed here:
1. Kaspersky
2. Eset
3. AVG
4. Bitdefender
5. Avira

This of course together with Zemana's own engine.

Here's the release notes:
  • This version includes many speed, reliability and security improvements and is a release candidate
  • Started using MetaScan 16 package (5 best AV engines)
  • Added "Cloud Powered Rootkit Cleaning Technology"
  • Added unicode support to reports
  • Added active engine names to reports
  • Added support for cleaning references such as LNK files
  • Added frequently used hijack locations to autoruns database
  • Added "Show All Browser Extension" option to Advanced Menu
  • Added explorer.exe restarting when cleaning some registry settings
  • Added shell extension for better right click scan experience
  • Added DNS server scanning and cleaning
  • Added heuristic detection and cleaning for CryptoLocker variants
  • Enhanced security with ASLR & Permanent DEP support
  • Minor language improvements
  • Changed "Full Scan" to "Deep Scan"
  • Improved progress bar percentage calculation
  • Improved detection for Browser Helper Objects
  • Improved right click scanning and fixed multiple instances opening issue
  • Improved scan speed by %30
  • Improved task scheduler scanning
  • Dramatically improved System Integrity Checking stage
  • Dramatically improved registry scanning and cleaning
  • Optimized settings database read write times
  • Send Feedback sends bug report when CTRL + SHIFT keys are down
  • Fixed a double free bug in driver which led to BSOD
  • Fixed a bug in process enumeration
  • Fixed a bug in malware registry trace cleaning
  • Fixed an issue with cancelling file uploads
Known Issues

• Multi language support (If you would like to contribute, please reach us from dev@zemana.com)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
AVG not good, i hope they add drweb.

asdsd

Feb 18, 2015
aP9eWNL.png

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
mmmmm

Something doesn't work properly

I made a little test and ZAM fails -.-

1. Go to http://www.amtso.org/check-desktop and download: "Test if my protection against the download of a Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) is enabled"

2. Chek it on Metascan-online https://www.metascan-online.com/en/scanresult/file/a013c6a37055403dbb48716c43e32b80

3. Scan with ZAM, ZAM doesn't detect it.
ZAM is using only 6 engines.... Metascan has 43... Plus amtso tests are based on agreements between the product company's and them.... That's why there's a list of security company's on amtso tests. Zemana is not listed as a vendor supporting their features... So I'm guessing this is not engine based.... It's just a malware definition rule each product has on their malware database. Furthermore Zemana is not a real time protection software it's just an on demand scanner.

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 10.16.12 AM.png

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
ZAM is using only 6 engines.... Metascan has 43... Plus amtso tests are based on agreements between the product company's and them.... That's why there's a list of security company's on amtso tests. Zemana is not listed as a vendor supporting their features... So I'm guessing this is not engine based.... It's just a malware definition rule each product has on their malware database. Furthermore Zemana is not a real time protection software it's just an on demand scanner.

View attachment 46630

On attachment you can see: AVG, Avira, Bitdefender, Eset, Kaspersky. All included on ZAM. In metascan online (same engine like ZAM excluding in house engine) all of this found the file.

On last version ZAM detect it without problems, it's obviously a bug (fixed ond last version).

upload_2015-2-19_9-37-18.png

Reactions: silversurfer

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
new version available for beta testing

Zemana Anti-Malware 2.5.1.257

Changelog>>

Minor bug fixes

DOWNLOAD LINK>>

dl9.zemanaltd.netdna-cdn.com/AntiMalware/ZAMv2.5.1.257.Setup.exe (PASTE THIS LINK ON UR BROWSER)

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
new version available for beta testing

Zemana Anti-Malware 2.5.1.257

Changelog>>

Minor bug fixes

DOWNLOAD LINK>>

dl9.zemanaltd.netdna-cdn.com/AntiMalware/ZAMv2.5.1.257.Setup.exe (PASTE THIS LINK ON UR BROWSER)
Thank you!

G

Guest28

Just to share with you all i recently, uninstalled and re-installed zemana because my version still said *beta* even though it was updated to the latest version and what a difference!!!!! If you have Zemana installed and it still says *beta* at the top you need to uninstall and re-install it. Trust me you will get such a better detection performance! Just look at this every engine missed this malware but zemana's engine picked it right up! Testing this software, in beta to get the lifetime key was really worth it!!

lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.