Battle Zemana Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit vs HitmanPro.Alert

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Please say which you would choose and why?

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (Premium) (Great enhanced exploit protection) and Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (Ransomeware, malware protection) vs HitmanPro.Alert (Exploit, Ransomeware Protection + great scanning capabilities)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Voted: HMP.A

Qn out of curiosity: Why MBAM+ZAM Premium (two companion RT scanner running together)?

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Voted: HMP.A
Qn out of curiosity: Why MBAM+ZAM Premium (two companion RT scanner running together)?

@CMLew He's referring to MBAE(Premium)

MBAE+ZAM has Pandora(RT should be off, It should be MBAM+MBAE and HMP+HMP.A for even better comparison)
  • System Resource Usage ~ both
  • Realistic Performance Impact ~ both
  • Ease of Use ~ HMP.A
  • Graphical User Interface ~ HMP.A
  • Inclusive Product Features ~HMP.A
  • Preferred Product and Why?
exploit protection HMP.A = MBAE,
Added features HMP.A
2cih5d5.jpg

On-demand scanning IMO ZAM>HMP.

Voted: Hitmanpro Alert

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
@CMLew He's referring to MBAE(Premium)

MBAE+ZAM has Pandora(RT should be off, It should be MBAM+MBAE and HMP+HMP.A for even better comparison)
  • System Resource Usage ~ both
  • Realistic Performance Impact ~ both
  • Ease of Use ~ HMP.A
  • Graphical User Interface ~ HMP.A
  • Inclusive Product Features ~HMP.A
  • Preferred Product and Why?
exploit protection HMP.A = MBAE,
Added features HMP.A
2cih5d5.jpg

On-demand scanning IMO ZAM>HMP.

Voted: Hitmanpro Alert

The reason why I choose Zemana is even I know that it is surperior to MBAM. Zemana with Panda Technology/RT Protection and MBAE's Exploit Protection against HMP's exploit protection. :) Some of the features imo seem to be more useful after a system as been infected as the anti-exploit protection would stop the hacker even before the other parts of the computer were compromised.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are going to based on detection then yes Zemana has an edge especially on their Pandora however better complement them to help clean the computer for not rely on one tool.

Meanwhile for exploit capabilities then either choose between HMP Alert or MBAE.

Reactions: DJ Panda
A

Alkajak

Poll choice should have been HitmanPro.Alert + Zemana AntiMalware Premium. HitmanPro.Alert is being compared to MBAE, but there is no real-time malware protection from HitmanPro.Alert being compared to Zemana.

Either way, detection, features and resource usage of HitmanPro.Alert will be better than MBAE, which is heavier and has fallen behind on its definitions. Ease of use/UI also goes to HitmanPro.Alert in a decisive manner, just look at the UI for it, it's awesome. Adding Zemana in real-time will give you the overkill boost that you need with either product.

It is also worth mentioning that the price of MBAE alone is the same as HMP.A.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Poll choice should have been HitmanPro.Alert + Zemana AntiMalware Premium. HitmanPro.Alert is being compared to MBAE, but there is no real-time malware protection from HitmanPro.Alert being compared to Zemana.

Either way, detection, features and resource usage of HitmanPro.Alert will be better than MBAE, which is heavier and has fallen behind on its definitions. Ease of use/UI also goes to HitmanPro.Alert in a decisive manner, just look at the UI for it, it's awesome. Adding Zemana in real-time will give you the overkill boost that you need with either product.

It is also worth mentioning that the price of MBAE alone is the same as HMP.A.

HitmanPro.Alersts exploit protection?

I choose Premium for MBAE for their true potential but most can get off by using MBAE Free and Zemana Anti-Malware Premium.

A

Alkajak

If we're talking about exploit protection, then Zemana had no place in the poll at all. Right now, the poll choices are exploit protection + real-time malware protection (at almost double the price of the latter) vs. exploit protection + on-demand scanner.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
If we're talking about exploit protection, then Zemana had no place in the poll at all. Right now, the poll choices are exploit protection + real-time malware protection (at almost double the price of the latter) vs. exploit protection + on-demand scanner.

We are talking about 2 on 1. It may not seem fair but as the polls show HitmanPro still seems better. As MBAE doesn't have scanning I put Zemana with it. I didn't know the top would get so much hate. If I would have known sooner it would have been MBAE Free and Zemana Premium vs HitmanPro.Alert Premium.

A

Alkajak

I don't think it is hate, and I don't think it would have made a difference. People have started to realize that there are other, less commercial, great products out there at less of a cost. Every Malwarebytes poll in the War Room has gone in the opposite's favour. MB used to be a great product before being commercialized. Their focus on quality has dropped while their prices have increased. HMP.A, and even ZAM, gives you more for less.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I don't think it is hate, and I don't think it would have made a difference. People have started to realize that there are other, less commercial, great products out there at less of a cost. Every Malwarebytes poll in the War Room has gone in the opposite's favour. MB used to be a great product before being commercialized. Their focus on quality has dropped while their prices have increased. HMP.A, and even ZAM, gives you more for less.

But what do I use for anti-exploit detection since HMP.A would give conflicts with ZAM?

Overall ZAM is a better scanner at least than HMP right?

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I haven't heard of a conflict between an anti-exploit and anti-malware. Where did you read that?

HitmanPro.Alert's scanner I meant with Zemanas anti-exploit would be no problem but I would want a free solution to test before paying like I did with MBAE. :p

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Ease of use/UI also goes to HitmanPro.Alert in a decisive manner, just look at the UI for it, it's awesome.
I take the opposite. I also use HMP.A, but I still dislike the GUI. Options, icons, etc. seem to be out-of-place. :D
ZAM's GUI is better. It's simple and clean.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
But what do I use for anti-exploit detection since HMP.A would give conflicts with ZAM?
What conflicts are you talking about? I use ZAM + HMP.A + Adguard and there are no conflicts at all. I have also used VS and SAP with the same config and there were also no issues. Even CIS combined with ZAM and HMP.A didn't caused any glitches.

Reactions: Alkajak
A

Alkajak

@J Gamez065 Zemana doesn't have a dedicated anti-exploit. There is no conflict.

@XhenEd I was comparing the HMP.A GUI to MBAE, not ZAM. ZAM is too out of place for me to even comment on. It is just an extra real-time malware protection software that was supposed to give MBAE the edge on the poll (it didn't).

Reactions: Duotone and enaph

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
What conflicts are you talking about? I use ZAM + HMP.A + Adguard and there are no conflicts at all. I have also used VS and SAP with the same config and there were also no issues. Even CIS combined with ZAM and HMP.A didn't caused any glitches.

I thought it was never a good idea to run 2 or more of the same security AV or AM at the same time?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
HitmanPro.Alert is the only product that is worth buying. HitmanPro.Alert works like this: If a file does something that triggers one of the shields, will start a HitmanPro scan. So, in other words it's like real time protection.

As a side note, Hitman uses the Sophos engine :).

I voted HitmanPro.Alert (Full/Premium). I know there are a lot of Zemana fanboys but, I think Zemana is useless (Hitman too), if you look at overall situation I don't think HitmanPro will help you that much.

In the end, if you really wanna buy, you should get AppGuard and use Zemana Free only for scanning.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I thought it was never a good idea to run 2 or more of the same security AV or AM at the same time?
First of all - Zemana AntiMalware is designed to be a complementary tool for any other AV and it is fully compatible with any solution available on the market:
SgXgVI9.png

Source: http://dl9.zemana.com/Website_Media/Zemana AntiMalware Brochure.pdf

Second thing: HMP.A doesn't offer built-in, realtime AV/AM protection - it uses HMP as on demand second opinion scanner so I cannot conflict with ZAM in this matter.
And the third and a last point: you assumed that test results provided by SurfRight are biased but you are the one who's still running around bragging about better protection offered by MBAE and MBAM but you haven't provided any proof for your statement so until you do your words are nothing more than FUD.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
First of all - Zemana AntiMalware is designed to be a complementary tool for any other AV and it is fully compatible with any solution available on the market:
SgXgVI9.png

Source: http://dl9.zemana.com/Website_Media/Zemana AntiMalware Brochure.pdf

Second thing: HMP.A doesn't offer built-in, realtime AV/AM protection - it uses HMP as on demand second opinion scanner so I cannot conflict with ZAM in this matter.
And the third and a last point: you assumed that test results provided by SurfRight are biased but you are the one who's still running around bragging about better protection offered by MBAE and MBAM but you haven't provided any proof for your statement so until you do your words are nothing more than FUD.

Exscuse me don't be rude please.. I never said that MBAM was better than hitmanpro. Only ZAM as it uses more engines. Plus there are other ways endless scans, HMP has a 30 day limit.. Pretty terrible on ransomeware. You can be fine with MBAE Free and don't have to pay a single cent for the protection HMP uses. If you give me a legitament test by NEITHER of the companies and either one does better that is all I need.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.