Assigned Zemana Anti Malware - Latest Engines

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alp Berker

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 5, 2016
Hello,
I am sorry if my post is under the wrong topic and please excuse my English.

Can we please clarify the issue about the Zemana Anti Malware scanning engines. Does it really use the Eset engine

Thank you very much,
Alp

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The old and the only ones known:
download.png
The engines are most likely still from the following Metascan 16 package:
Untitled.png
Here's a similar thread that has long discussions and yet-to-be-solved doubts. Check out post #9 and #19. Things (regarding the engines) might have changed lately.
1 thing is for sure, they use their in-house engine that includes 'Pandora Technology' for real-time protection, besides other engines for real-time and on-demand scan.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
these are the engines that zemana suposed to use , according to someone who posted a thread over at wilders :

• AVG (Avast)
  • Avira
  • Bitdefender
  • Kaspersky
  • Eset
  • Zemana
I wouldn't doubt these. If they're picking the top 5 engines out of those 16 I'd probably go for these exact ones too.
Keep in mind that Emsisoft, nProtect, Total Defence and Quick Heal all use Bitdefender's engine themselves which pretty much rules them out when you can get the majority of their signatures straight from the source.

Alp Berker

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 5, 2016
The old and the only ones known:
View attachment 149019
The engines are most likely still from the following Metascan 16 package:
View attachment 149020
Here's a similar thread that has long discussions and yet-to-be-solved doubts. Check out post #9 and #19. Things (regarding the engines) might have changed lately.
1 thing is for sure, they use their in-house engine that includes 'Pandora Technology' for real-time protection, besides other engines for real-time and on-demand scan.

Thank you very much.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

This interests me as well. As noted in my other thread, we've seen a pretty big decline in Zemana detections. Also it seems to no longer be detecting threats that Kaspersky, Avira and Eset detect.

I'm beginning to think Zemana has moved to their in-house engine or something and it concerns me.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Sand
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.