Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
  • VoodoShield

1. Does Voodoshield use virustotal.com to scan files when it set to smart mode or always on mode?
  2. How long do you guys think i should put Voodoshield training mode on?
  3. Is VoodoShield free good?
  4. Does VoodoShield protect from exploit?
  • Zemana Anti Malware

1. How many engines does Zemana Anti Malware uses?
  2. What are the engines name that Zemana Anti Malware uses?
  3. Does Zemana have the latest updates for all the engines that been uses?
  • Security Setup Question
Do you guys think this security setup is alright? Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium + Zemana Anti Malware Premium + Voodoshield free? I think is redundant to have two anti malware running, but do you guys think Malwarebytes and Zemana running together will be a major issue?

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Zemana doesn't mention the engines used in the latest version but in the earlier versions they mentioned that they're using Avira, eset, Bitdefender, Quick Heal, MSE, Zemana & Clam Win engines. I guess they've dropped some of these.

Voodoshield works like the trusted applications mode of Kaspersky(kinda white listing security solution).
I think your security configuration is more than enough for security, but it seems too heavy on RAM.

Reactions: Andytay70

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Security Setup Question
Do you guys think this security setup is alright? Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium + Zemana Anti Malware Premium + Voodoshield free? I think is redundant to have two anti malware running, but do you guys think Malwarebytes and Zemana running together will be a major issue?

That's why we have a Security Configuration Wizard, here is your thread: user102 Security setups

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

void011

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
My answers for questions about VoodooShield:
1. Yes it does.
2. I put mine in about 3 days as I usually launch all existed apps after installed VoodooShield.
3. Yes it is. In free version, VoodooShield lacks of almost all settings excluded blacklist/whitelist list - not a big deal.
4. VoodooShield doesn't protect you from exploit but it will prevent unknown scripts from running if they are launched by the exploit (said the support team, I haven't tested the ability myself).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For queries on Voodoshield

1) It uses Virustotal as a reference all the time, since its still design as anti-exe then ruleset should be apply to avoid numerous interactions.
2) Training Mode usually takes 4days -1 week to make sure the programs are well registered and approve correctly by Voodoshield. [Still depends on the amount of software you have]

3) The free version is quite acceptable to your needs, and for as exploits as long there's a behavior change to your computer from executable or scripts then notification should occur.

For Zemana AM as much as possible, their engines are gathered based on available agreements to the company itself but assurance their signatures are up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.