Assigned Zemana AntiLogger 2.0

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerion

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Is it only me or when i downloaded the newest stable version i can't have the anti logger on, if i do i can't type... like nothig works..

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Is it only me or when i downloaded the newest stable version i can't have the anti logger on, if i do i can't type... like nothig works..
From your sig, I see that you use HMP.A. If you have Keystroke Encryption turned On on both programs, that will be the expected result. And it is a known issue/incompatibility. Disable one of them.

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Does disabling "ID Theft Protection" fix the issue?
yes it does. got the same issue with windows 10 search and they've managed to fix it in a previous build. what I don't get is why firefox and chrome are affected while opera/notepad/explorer etc. work fine.

mojaveron

Level 1
Verified
Nov 27, 2013
I had the same problem not being able to type into Firefox with zal and KIS2017 I was told to disable ID Theft Protection and this temporary fixed the problem, the next day when I booted up and tried to type into firefox I was not able to even with ID Theft Protection disabled if I re-enabled it and disabled it again it would work; I finely uninstalled Zal.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Had these issues as well with ZAL, its still installed because I dont want to have the key get blacklisted for too many installs.
I have disabled it from starting in services till it is fully operational, its getting close wont be long now.
The Dev team is working hard and making good strides.

rpsgc

Level 1
Verified
Feb 6, 2014
I also get an issue where if I open any application from the Start Menu (Windows 10 AU), the Start Menu remains open and the application opens in the background or just not in focus.

I've reported it to them but I'm not holding my breath.

"ID Theft Protection" only causes problems, it seems.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
the next day when I booted up and tried to type into firefox I was not able to even with ID Theft Protection disabled if I re-enabled it and disabled it again it would work.
I reported this issue last week, and Support said they already know about this.
So, this will be fixed real soon, I hope. :)

Reactions: Andytay70

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
BTW... Zemana doesn't like Chromium downloaded from the official site. I guess it's because Chromium isn't digitally signed. Sent an email to the Zemana, maybe they can somehow solve this false positive.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Reactions: XhenEd

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
VoodooShield didn't like me trying to install this latest version 2.50.2.67. Fine on Virus Total but VS's own algorithms objected. I don't recall this happening with releases of previous ZAL 2.0 versions.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Has anybody tried running ZAL along with HitmanPro.Alert? Does it run without conflicts?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Has anybody tried running ZAL along with HitmanPro.Alert? Does it run without conflicts?
The only noticeable conflict right now is between ZAL's ID Theft Protection and HMP.A's Keystroke Encryption. One needs to disable either of them. If they are both turned On, you can't type on certain programs like browsers.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
The only noticeable conflict right now is between ZAL's ID Theft Protection and HMP.A's Keystroke Encryption. One needs to disable either of them. If they are both turned On, you can't type on certain programs like browsers.
That's what I did - I've disabled keystroke encryption in HMPA right after installation, also I've added Hitman's folder to the Zemana exclusion and so far everything's is unning great! :)

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
From your sig, I see that you use HMP.A. If you have Keystroke Encryption turned On on both programs, that will be the expected result. And it is a known issue/incompatibility. Disable one of them.

Learned this the hard way.

Had to disable the Keyboard Encryption on HMP.A to work.Also,new version is out...

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
upload_2016-9-30_15-7-28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.