Zemana Antilogger Free 1.8.2.320 vs Hooker Keylogger Lite

Product name
Zemana Antilogger Free 1.8.2.320
Pros
  • -encrypts keystrokes deep in your computer
    -protection does not rely on signature database
    -update program directly from the program itself
    -monitor for fake root certificate installations, secure connection intruders, Man-in-the-Browser and HTML injection attacks
    -lightweight on system, about 20~40 MB RAM.
    -no conficts with my security apps (WSA and ZAM).
CONS
-If I disable only the keystrokes encryption, the system tray icon does not change color (always green).
BOTTOM LINE
Zemana AntiLogger Free it's light and protects keyboard and browser (Firefox in this case), I don't know about Microsoft Edge because I can't test it.
L

LabZero

Thread author
Keyloggers are programs that can record everything you type on your keyboard because, who installed this software, it is able to read what you write and steal your personal information.

So the best solution is to use a specific anti-keylogger program that is able to block and prevent record typed data by keylogger.

To check if the anti-keylogger do a good job I installed a keylogger: Hooker Lite (if you try to use Hooker Lite, the password to extract the archive is hooker), the tests were performed on Windows 7 x64bit (LabZero) and of course I had to disable WSA and ZAM because both detect Hooker as malware.

Zemana AntiLogger Free has two modules that can be activate/deactivate by sliding the switch On/Off.

Cattura3.PNG

Zemana displays no warning, It only encrypt what you type on the keyboard.

We see in the following screenshot: "zemana antilogger klipsh test" (keyboard level) with ZAL disable .

Cattura.PNG

ZAL active protection:

Cattura1.PNG

Here we see: "bank of italy" (for example) with ZAL disable on Firefox.

Cattura4.PNG

ZAL active protection:

Cattura5.PNG

Zemana Antilogger Free has the precise function of encrypting any typed word that cannot be intercepted by anyone, protects the system and the browser permanently and does not require any special configuration or user intervention.

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
It is a great review and thanks, i have used Keyscrambler for a while now and will look forward to your review @Klipsh ;)

I was testing KeyScrambler and I can say I like the real time encrypting animation, it helps you know that it is working when you really need to know about it, you can do that on Zemana by taking a look at the system tray but I found KeyScrambler way more confortable. I also found some minor issues with Zemana Antilogger and some games like HearthStone that didn't happen on KeyScrambler side of story. Both look solid IMO.

I have removed MBAE since it was an overkill, ESET has great Anti-Exploit shield, and CF-HIPS and KeyScrambler are enough for safety.

PD: System Explorer shows 18MB ram for KeyScrambler where Zemana were 40MB

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero
H

hjlbx

Thread author
KeyScrambler Pro is on my "short-list." It is one of those very few softs worth paying for...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: darko999 and XhenEd
L

LabZero

Thread author
KeyScrambler Free unlike Zemana AntiLogger Free, encrypt only data that you enter in the browser and not all data typed on the keyboard on any software such as e-mail client, Office and documents: If you want this, you need to buy the Premium version.

This is a limitation compared to Zemana.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Another alternative Spyshelter Free also offers limited protection compared to Zemana Free.
– Keystroke Encryption in SpyShelter Free Anti-Keylogger works only with popular browsers and it’s configuration options are limited.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.