Assigned Zemana Antilogger Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I'm running Zemana Antilogger Free and I would like to know if there's any benefit in also having Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free, or does ZAL Free's SSL Intrusion Prevention module do pretty much what MBAE Free does.

The ZAL Free SSL Intrusion Prevention module does the following:
-Protects SSL (https) data pre-encryption
-Prevents Man-In-The-Browser and HTML injection attacks
-Monitors the Trusted Root CA Store for fake root certificate installations

Reactions: mal1 and Solarlynx

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks. I know there isn't an issue with conflicts but, as my fairly old PC struggles at times, I'd rather not be running an extra program when there's no extra benefit from it.

Specifically, what I would like to know is, does that ZAL Free SSL Intrusion Prevention module do pretty much what MBAM Free does, or are they doing different things?

Lanker

Level 1
Feb 7, 2016
I believe each program do its thing..Anti-Logger its diferent from an anti-exploit.Well Mbae will run in any hardware...the resource usage is so low...You´ll get surprised There was a time I used both :D

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
The keystroke encryption module of ZAL Free is obviously different to what MBAE is doing but the SSL module seems quite similar to what MBAE is doing. I might be wrong but I'd be interested to know.

The other reason I'd like to know is the new browser I'm using, Slimjet, isn't recognised by MBAE Free, but if Zemana AntiLogger Free includes anti-exploit type protection aswell then I can use Slimjet with no worries.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

The keystroke encryption module of ZAL Free is obviously different to what MBAE is doing but the SSL module seems quite similar to what MBAE is doing. I might be wrong but I'd be interested to know.
ZAL prevents man-in the middle, keyloggers and other DNS/IP changes and modifications, not exploits.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Zemana Antilogger Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free are quite different products. MBAE is a pure antiexploit app, and ZAL doesn't have any functions MBAE has. So they complement each other perfectly.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Right. Thanks. That answers my question nicely. In that case I'll consider something like Emet when using Slimjet.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They have different purpose and function hence it will not collide to each other. Since Zemana primarily focuses on encryption protection of keystrokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.