Battle Zemana antilogger (free) vs Spyshelter free

Status
Not open for further replies.

woox

Thread author
Aug 31, 2013
Which one would be better to use with comodo internet security?
I already have zemana antilogger paid version (it will expire in a year)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A few things I know about Comodo Internet Security, correct me I'm mistaken.

Virtual Kiosk provides a Logger-free environment that is safe for inputting sensitive data, online and offline.

Alternatively, you can utilise Defense+ (HIPS) to provide Anti-Logging capabilities. Do you use HIPS-component?

If the answer above is No, Zemana Anti-Logger Free provides that protection. It can be installed on both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, however a few programs may not be supported. No intrusive pop-ups or HIPS-like prompts.

SpyShelter Free is only available for Windows 32-bit, and you'll have to pay to be able use on Windows 64-bit.

KeyScrambler is another option, but it didn't work too well on Windows 32-bit, and I'm not sure if it's something I'd recommend -regarding v3.

woox

Thread author
Aug 31, 2013
So if i have HIPS enabled, I dont need anyone?
I followed this guide:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm
and it says to keep HIPS disabled :/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You don't need antilogger protection if you already use a full HIPS product like Comodo Internet Security, Comodo Firewall, Online Armor, Malware Defender, Agnitum Outpost Firewall or Privatefirewall with Process Detection enabled. Anti-logging protection is already included.

You will just get duplicated prompts for each logging attempt from both products which can be very annoying.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Nomatrix

woox

Thread author
Aug 31, 2013
Littlebits said:
You don't need antilogger protection if you already use a full HIPS product like Comodo Internet Security, Comodo Firewall, Online Armor, Malware Defender, Agnitum Outpost Firewall or Privatefirewall with Process Detection enabled. Anti-logging protection is already included.

You will just get duplicated prompts for each logging attempt from both products which can be very annoying.

what if I use zemana antilogger free :D? it only encrypts my keystrokes, which is useful if comodo misses something right? I downloaded it and no conflicts happened so far,im not sure if it's alright though?
what do you think :D?

kelton

Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Zemana AntiLogger free behaves like KeyScrambler, encrypting keystrokes. It doesn't have HIPS components that would be redundat if compared to Comodo's. I think you can use it along CIS, if you want.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
woox said:
Littlebits said:

what if I use zemana antilogger free :D? it only encrypts my keystrokes, which is useful if comodo misses something right? I downloaded it and no conflicts happened so far,im not sure if it's alright though?
what do you think :D?

You may use it if you feel that you really need it. But, the only reason you would need to encrypt your keystrokes if your system is already infected. If that is the case you first priority should be to remove the infection not to block it from recording keystrokes.

If your system is clean of all malware it is not important to encrypt your keystrokes. If you use a password manager like LastPass it already encrypts your login info and passwords.

It is not likely anything will get pass CIS unless you allow it to, if you also utilize UAC and only download files from safe sources then that will also protect you from keyloggers.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If it makes you feel more comfortable using it than you should go ahead and use it.It isnt going to hurt anything.The free version should be just fine if you have other security in place

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Having Zemana free in a layered security config, whether it is to appease your peace of mind, or just being pragmatic is fine. It's your PC, and your sense of security that you should appeal to, not anyone else's.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
I wanted to make a comment, and apologise in advance for not referring to the free versions...

I was using Zemana AntiLogger Paid for a while, and recently wanted to trial SpyShelter Premium as well.
I didn't want SSP to run in "configure for best compatibility" mode, so I removed Sandboxie.
The first thing off the bat is ZAL does everything in silence, unless it picks up an executable that is suspicious. SSP shows notifications for a lot of stuff, from using ctrl c to an applications requesting access to dllhost.exe...

The only reason I wanted to try both side by side is because I saw on the Wilders forum, a user provide a video screenshot capture of him/her bypassing ZAL even after ZAL detected a keylogger and the user clicking on Block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.