Assigned Zemana AntiLogger - no new version since August 2017

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
There used to be regular new versions, sometimes several in a month, but it's been around 6 months since the last one, 2.74.2.150. Is that it then for ZAL? Are Zemana now concentrating on this ZAM Ultimate and not bothering anymore with ZAL, but then there's been no news on that for ages either.

You hear reports about a lot of their best people leaving in recent months. Certainly Zemana doesn't seem to be the company it used to be.

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
There used to be regular new versions, sometimes several in a month, but it's been around 6 months since the last one, 2.74.2.150. Is that it then for ZAL? Are Zemana now concentrating on this ZAM Ultimate and not bothering anymore with ZAL, but then there's been no news on that for ages either.

You hear reports about a lot of their best people leaving in recent months. Certainly Zemana doesn't seem to be the company it used to be.
There will be no Ultimate version either. They've removed any information regarding it from their website.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I asked Zemana about updates not too long ago and here's what they said...

May I ask why ZAM hasn't had any updates for quite some time?

Virus definition updates are frequently applied in a day and this does not change the product version number. Also Zemana AntiMalware is quite stable now. So it does not need program updates. Once a new version is released, ZAM prompts you.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I have a paid ZAM but recently removed it from this PC, also a couple of giveaways for ZAL - I now use instead HitManPro.Alert which I will be using for the foreseeable future. Can't really say why I have gone off Zemana perhaps I may change my mind someday, but can’t see me renewing ZAM ?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Maybe they have realized their mistake or that a deceptive advertising is not the way to go. It would take only 2-3 lawsuits to ruin them based on that claim alone.
Software can not prevent online identity theft, since it is not something stored on your computer. Only an insurance can deal with the identity theft, after it happens.
You can not prevent an identity theft. You can try to keep your personal information safe, but not online, webpages and databases get hacked and stolen all the time.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm still using ZAM as a 2nd opinion scanner. As long as they're keeping up with improving their detections in the cloud, I'm fine with them not releasing program updates. :)

Despite no program updates, maybe they're improving their cloud back end. I really hope so. :D

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I dumped Zemana like a hot potato last year.. Sometime over summer I noticed a pronounced decline in detection capabilities. Then I inadvertently discovered how their distributed cloud scanning worked and some amazing holes in it to which they refused to discuss. I requested a refund on my 10 licenses, they gave me a partial refund and I walked away. I'm done with them.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Even though i have lifetime license for ZAM and ZAL i only use ZAM Free as a 2nd opinion scanner.

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.