Battle Zemana AntiLogger Premium 2.0 vs HitmanPro.Alert 3.5

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Recently Zemana AntiLogger was updated and now Zemana AntiMalware is combinated with it, so there are new features and I want to know what is the best choice for me to run along with EIS.
Actually I'm using EIS with HitmanPro.Alert.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
If you want companion AV then choose Zemana AntiLogger 2.0 it's not full AntiLogger it docent even have keystroke encryption.
I'd stay with HitmanPro.Alert because it is not AV and it has staff that EIS & ZAL 2.0 missing like keyscrambler.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
If you want companion AV then choose Zemana AntiLogger 2.0 it's not full AntiLogger it docent even have keystroke encryption.
I'd stay with HitmanPro.Alert because it is not AV and it has staff that EIS & ZAL 2.0 missing like keyscrambler.

Thanks @Stas , and what is this staff ?

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
I would always recommend a dual-engine scanner with Hitmanpro.Alert.
So if EIS runs with Hitmanpro.Alert everything is fine :)

Edit:
Sorry, forgot to explain why.
I think an antivirus with realtime-protection just has the task to detect malware with signatures and heuristics. Meanwhile, there are additional features like behavior analysis/detection. But it's like on antivirus-engines: one behavior analysing tool can't detect 100%
HitmanPro.Alert is very extensive and a very fine completion for an realtime-antivirus.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB007
D

Deleted member 178

i dont understand the comparison:

HMPA is an anti-exploit with a keyscrambling feature
ZAL is now an anti-malware/logger

So they cant really be compared, both are viable options to use with EIS.

I would personally choose HMPA because Emsisoft has a BB which would be redundant with ZAL. However if you have the new ZAL , you won't need EIS.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Thanks @Umbra for your patience:)
I'm sorry if my question about ZAL vs HMPA is ingenuous but I'm not a great expert of technologies used by the different security softwares:oops:
If I understand well what you say, the new ZAL is good to use with HMPA whitout EIS or another AV ?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
D

Deleted member 178

Thanks @Umbra for your patience:)
I'm sorry if my question about ZAL vs HMPA is ingenuous but I'm not a great expert of technologies used by the different security softwares:oops:
If I understand well what you say, the new ZAL is good to use with HMPA whitout EIS or another AV ?

ZAM/ZAL has RT engine and seems quite good, and will be complemented by HMPA. However EIS is a full suite with a dual engine AV , a BB and a firewall; and will implement an anti-exploit. So the choice is up to your taste.

So basically , ZAL + HMPA or EIS alone .

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think having Hitman Pro and EIS for your setup is enough.

However adding Zemana Antilogger will result to adjust your security setup.

The programs nowadays are not only focus on one concept but already complex.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Question

I have ZA Premium installed on my PC and I need to make sure if I would still need to install ZAM Premium alongside it to get complete real-time protection? Thank you for the reply.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Question

I have ZA Premium installed on my PC and I need to make sure if I would still need to install ZAM Premium alongside it to get complete real-time protection? Thank you for the reply.
No need to install ZAM. :) They're basically the same except ZAL has ID Theft Protection and ZAM will not start with ZAL installed.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Wow:) Great work brothers for replying quickly and in detail! This was so helpful.
I want to tell you thank you so much for taking the time to read my question. I appreciate your valuable advice.

You guys at MalwareTips really helped me find hope... I feel excited to be a part of this great family, experienced and enthusiastic team.

I am amazed so much to know that there's always someone out there at MalwareTips who cares.

MalwareTips is my sweet home, I love it and I will protect it forever :D It's No. 1 and best of the best website I have ever seen it in my life.

I saw alot of sites and forums over internet since 2008 but nothing will beat MalwareTips. I just hope to see MalwareTips at the top. I wish you very good luck.

Long Live MalwareTips <3 ;)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.