Battle Zemana AntiLogger vs SpyShelter (both paid)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
They are both very good, head and shoulders above the others, but in tests and comparisons I've seen SpyShelter came out a little bit ahead. In terms of the free versions, however, Zemana is definitely better than SpyShelter.

Reactions: Logethica

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Despite limitations of products in windows 10 I encourage further discussion on such products for windows 7 and 8.1 32 and 64 bit so guests and community can benefit from valuable information therefore please discuss further taking my above points into consideration.

Thanks

Reactions: Logethica

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
A lot better is SpyShelter
Have HIPS and addional SRP option which dont have Zemana.

I would go SpyShelter but i offer you buy extended SpyShelter with Firewall :)
I use both Zemana and SpyShelter FW

Reactions: Rebsat
H

hjlbx

• SpyShelter has HIPS which will block the execution of a keylogger installer; the HIPS will keep your system keylogger-free.
  • Zemana doesn't support 64-bit systems.
  • Anti-keylogging protection itself only works (prevents) in the presence of an actual keylog infection on the physical system... wish people would understand this fact. At that point it already too-little-too-late...
  • Neither SpyShelter nor Zemana protect against all forms of keylogging - such as web-page based keylogging - which is only a single example of what they cannot block. They probably will not be able to protect against malicious keylogging browser add-ons\extensions as a second example.
  • Anti-keylogging protections are notoriously un-reliable.
SpyShelter is valuable protection for its HIPS - and not its anti-logger capabilities...

Last edited by a moderator:

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I don't even think it's close. SpyShelter by far. I have ran several different logging tests at Zemana, and it failed with flying colors, where as SpyShelterFW has passed them all along with several leak tests. I know Comodo CLT now a days is somewhat obsolete, but I consistently scored 340/340. It's hard to trust a security software that fails publicly accessible testing tools like Zemana does. How do you think it will perform against more sophisticated spyware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.