Assigned Zemana Antimalware 2.0 vs Zemana Antimalware

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Hello there,

It has been some time since we released Beta Zemana Antimalware 3.0. Did you have a chance to test it? What do you think which one is better in detecting and cleaning the malware? What we need to improve or fix in Zemana Antimalware 3.0?

Please let us know your thoughts. :D

TRS-80

Level 1
Aug 16, 2019
Hello @Miss Onnellisuus ,

I hope I'm not "Off Topic" with this post.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet so here's one potential minor "fix" or three.

Currently running Zemana Anti-Malware version 3.1.375 Premium. I was running Quad9 DNS, however, each time(until I whitelisted it) [9.9.9.9] was being detected as malicious and wiped.

I'm assuming it to be a False Positive. Would I be correct in this assumption or did I miss something Regarding Quad9's DNS Service Security?

Running an on demand scan today the two files below were quarantined. Also FPs?

c:\program files (x86)\intel\driver and support assistant\dsaservice.exeSuspicious:SRC!P9/2/2019 6:08:11 PM
c:\program files (x86)\intel\driver and support assistant\dsaupdateservice.exeSuspicious:SRC!P9/2/2019 6:08:09 PM
(* Australian Date/Timestamps.)

IDSA is likely coming off the machine anyhow but I'd be interested to know.

Finally, I had significant problems with the actual purchase. Sorted out now; but for your reference I can supply the Ticket Number if you wish? Armagan was extremely helpful with the issue and we did reach a happy resolution.

Thanks for a handy Anti-Malware tool regularly used.

Have a great day,

@TRS-80

TRS-80

Level 1
Aug 16, 2019
G'day @Miss Onnellisuus ,

How are you getting on with my questions please?

Has no result been arrived at?

You did pose the question.

Cheers,

@TRS-80
(Mike)

Premium. I was running Quad9 DNS, however, each time(until I whitelisted it) [9.9.9.9] was being detected as malicious and wiped.

I'm assuming it to be a False Positive. Would I be correct in this assumption or did I miss something Regarding Quad9's DNS Service Security?

Running an on demand scan today the two files below were quarantined. Also FPs?

c:\program files (x86)\intel\driver and support assistant\dsaservice.exeSuspicious:SRC!P9/2/2019 6:08:11 PM
c:\program files (x86)\intel\driver and support assistant\dsaupdateservice.exeSuspicious:SRC!P9/2/2019 6:08:09 PM
(* Australian Date/Timestamps.)

IDSA is likely coming off the machine anyhow but I'd be interested to know.

Finally, I had significant problems with the actual purchase. Sorted out now; but for your reference I can supply the Ticket Number if you wish? Armagan was extremely helpful with the issue and we did reach a happy resolution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.