Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Zemana's detection is much better than malwarebytes but it also has a ton more false positives as well so I would still look at the detections individually to see if they are legit or false positives. Basically if you write your own batch file or anything it'll get picked up by their real time protection if you try to run it

Malwarebytes on the other hand has pretty solid signatures as well, with barely any false positives and an excellent detection rate for PUP/PUA compared to Zemana.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
I voted for Zemana, but I don't see a significant benefit in purchasing any of these programs (unless you already got a key for one of them); as far as I know, their realtime protection are not really strong, but I choose Zemana because their detection rate is much better. As I remember, Malwarebytes used to good at detecting PUP and removing infections, but nothing else.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Personally, i would combine the two products. It's a great combo (MB+ZAM prenium)
But if you are combining one of them with a security suite for example, such as Bitdefender IS, ZAM would be a better choice. It has great detection rates and is easy on resources, because it's mostly cloud based. :)

People who hate Pups would love MB(some may find it too agressive as a downside), and i find their web protection to be excellent. MB is also a more complete tool than ZAM.

ZAM on the other side has more FPs, but it's an almost essential complement to your security setup and at a very good price. 3yrs for 30 bucks, excellent (y)

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
My vote goes to Zemana!! Malwarebytes use to be the best a while back.....However, that has all changed! How sad...I use an older version of Malwarebytes V2 which is better than V3 at the moment. I still get all of the updates and what not, but man Malwarebytes use to be so good and not its turned towards too much bloat.

ZAM is really great. Plus, you know what is really great about ZAM too - the nice giveaways of their premium protection as of lately. Cannot beat that! Even the free version of ZAM is better than Malwarebytes in my opinion. I have a few lifetime licenses of Malwarebytes that I leave inside my config, but if I didn't have these I'd remove it completely and just stick with ZAM 100%.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.