Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I do not need a scanner?
If you have an AV and also voodooshield, I don't think you need a real-time scanner in addition to all that. It will just slow down your system.
Voodoo blocks all unknown and potentially dangerous files. Windows Defender is your safety net.

What is happening with voodoo these days, by the way?
Since the dev is no longer active on the forum, I haven't heard anything. Did VS 4 stable version come out, or is the project abandoned?

Last edited by a moderator:

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
A third layer is completely unnecessary and redundant.

But if you want three dedicated security products on your computer I would make Zemana the third.

-Malwarebytes and Windows Defender are gonna use a LOT of resources
-SecureAPlus is just Voodooshield with removal capabilities.

*My real recommendation would be to just run one trustworthy AV.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Not that you really need more than you already have, but if you do want to go for another layer, besides WD and VS, I would suggest some kind of behavior blocker/anti-exploit. Because that is what you don't have.
Also AppGuard could be a good addition. If you run it at regular settings, it gives very strong protection, and does not depend on user decisions, without too much work to set it up.

Dan is active on COU forums.
Not much happening over there right now.
Please keep MT updated if there are any important developments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I do a little test on Zemana and secureAplus (static test) I use Emsisoft emergency kit for reference
I use 4 samples, unfortunately, one is broken
Note: This test is performed in safe environment

Emsisoft emergency kit no doubts fast and reliable...
8IXE1J.jpg
SecureAplus detect 2/3 in the first test (img1) and I have some doubts so re-scan samples again in second scan (img2) it detect all three samples as expected but it takes so much time. SecureAplus comes with many Av engine's but some time it fails to detect files I see this on my host computer as well.
0v1sbX.jpg

LCBo2I.jpg
Zemana performance as expected it:D detect all three samples in one scan.
v3S1W0.jpg
Final words: Overall Zemana doing very well in the test and compatible with Av's and lightweight. SecureAplus is a nice product but need more improvements and using this as the on-demand scanner is not a good idea because sometimes it skips files I trust others instead of SecureAplus. SecureAplus consuming resources and Zemana is very lightweight. Before choosing any one check your own which suits you and your computer is friendly with these products also resources wise

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I do a little test on Zemana and secureAplus (Dynamic test) I use Emsisoft emergency kit for reference
I use 4 samples, unfortunately, one is broken
Note: This test is performed in safe environment

Emsisoft emergency kit no doubts fast and reliable...
8IXE1J.jpg
SecureAplus detect 2/3 in the first test (img1) and I have some doubts so re-scan samples again in second scan (img2) it detect all three samples as expected but it takes so much time. SecureAplus comes with many Av engine's but some time it fails to detect files I see this on my host computer as well.
0v1sbX.jpg

LCBo2I.jpg
Zemana performance as expected it:D detect all three samples in one scan.
v3S1W0.jpg
Final words: Overall Zemana doing very well in the test and compatible with Av's and lightweight. SecureAplus is a nice product but need more improvements and using this as the on-demand scanner is not a good idea because sometimes it skips files I trust others instead of SecureAplus. SecureAplus consuming resources and Zemana is very lightweight. Before choosing any one check your own which suits you and your computer is friendly with these products also resources wise
Great test, I like it!
I want to comment that the strongest component of SAP is the anti-exe. It is much better than the multi-cloud detection, which, as you said, is not so impressive. So we cannot judge SAP solely on the basis of its mediocre detection.

Omarzwai

Level 1
Verified
Dec 10, 2016
If you have an AV and also voodooshield, I don't think you need a real-time scanner in addition to all that. It will just slow down your system.
Voodoo blocks all unknown and potentially dangerous files. Windows Defender is your safety net.
Is Voodoo compatible with antivirus like bitdefender internet security and is it light on PC ?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Is Voodoo compatible with antivirus like bitdefender internet security and is it light on PC ?
VS is compatible with almost every AV suite, and usually it is light on the system, but that can vary from user to user, depending on various factors. You have to try it out to know for sure. It uninstalls very clean, so you don't have to worry about that.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thankyou @shmu26, test I perform is static sorry I'm confused in static and dynamic :(
In static testing, there is no role of anti.exe and I see anti-exe works perfect user decide action according to the result so if cloud scanning is not good than what is the need of anti-exe.
SAP has a pretty long list of trusted vendors, so if the anti-exe throws a prompt, the user should think twice about the file, IMO.
I don't know how many users really understand that, maybe they are relying on the cloud detection. If so, I feel sorry for them...

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
If you have VS, you do not need anything else. But the truth is that I would uninstall VS and install SAP. (12 engines, some of them like Bitdefender, Emsisoft, AVG ...), you would have fewer alerts and your computer just as protected. I prefer SAP, so I voted this option, but with SAP, Zemana or VS you'll be very well protected, particularly I see Malwarebytes well below the other options

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.