shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you have VS, you do not need anything else. But the truth is that I would uninstall VS and install SAP. (12 engines, some of them like Bitdefender, Emsisoft, AVG ...), you would have fewer alerts and your computer just as protected. I prefer SAP, so I voted this option, but with SAP, Zemana or VS you'll be very well protected, particularly I see Malwarebytes well below the other options
Voodooshield gives stronger protection than SAP for scripts and command lines. And for the very same reason, it also gives more headaches.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Great test, I like it!
I want to comment that the strongest component of SAP is the anti-exe. It is much better than the multi-cloud detection, which, as you said, is not so impressive. So we cannot judge SAP solely on the basis of its mediocre detection.
Install it and let us know how you like it ? I will pass :)
My vote goes to HMP if you just want the added scanner, but by that time your infected and wont need a scanner to tell you, but HMP is a good one for a quick scan with zero learning curve. good luck
PeAcE

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I think Zemana has fallen by the wayside. There hasn't been a update in quite awhile. Most likely the company is in dire straights because who in their right mind is going to pay for the premium version when there so many free keys around. Malwarebytes was good at one point before version 3. They should have just left it the way it was, version 2 was great as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't use either one of them anymore.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Windows Defender is a good choice. Voodooshield is a good choice. Sir what you need is HitmanPro.Alert. It gives you the detection rate of Zemana + anti-exploit. Or you can wait until Zemana Ultimate is released.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
In my opinion, all you need in a secure setup is:

• Real time malware protection
  • Behaviour Blocker or HIPS
  • Firewall
  • Anti-executable

If with one or two software you can achieve this, then you're pretty much set. But do not compromise your performance to achieve it.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Zemana & SAP both great

SAP have better detect ratio but is more have than light Zemana
SAP have yet Offline scanner if you have sometimes no network and can automatic scan connect USB
SAP have more functions etc

I go for SAP

I use allready both software :)

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I would leave your real time protection (Windows Firewall,Defender & VS)as is,so long as it is working for you.
You can add ZAM & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as on demand scanners.

Well i'm running Avast Internet Security, and ZAM & Malwarebytes Premium 3 is this good? no doubt for me..

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Avast is crap totaly, Mbam dont have good detection rate like in old times they waste more time for make more stability in version3.x and zemaan have ratio 50/50 on my samples

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.