Assigned Zemana AntiMalware Premium with MBAM Premium?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Hello all,

I wan't to know if it is possible to run Zemana Anti Malware (premium) with Malwarebytes Antimalware(Premium) Next to each other. Are they compatible ?

Thank you!

Reactions: Solarlynx

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I would assume they would conflict.
Even if they could work alongside each other, I would consider that a waste of resources; in some cases, running even one with real-time protection could be considered a waste of resources as you can simply have them as on-demand scanners and use them once a week or whenever you want to scan a suspicious file.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
It's funny. I have Zemana AntiLogger premium for long time and about an hour ago installed MBAM premim. So far so good.

Yes, MBAM is resource hog. It was heavy when I used it with Comodo Firewall and Zemana Antimalware premium.

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Thank you all for your input, it seems that MBAM has lost its effectifness if I go look at detection rates :/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Zemana and Malwarebytes are great software, however, running 2 or more real-time security can cause issues. If I had to recommend one for real-time, it would be Zemana AntiMalware Premium, it's cloud-based so it will require an Internet connection. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can download updates for offline scanning, but most computers are always-online state.

Resource usage may vary between the products, but RAM usage should not be an issue, as RAM is supposed to be used. If you have issues with CPU time being consumed heavily, then troubleshoot your system to find the culprit.

For further assistance contact the vendors', as you are entitled to consumer support - Premium = paid.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yes you can and remember to add exclusions, but alternately you could purchase to Zemana AntiLogger v2 for better protection without another real-time software. Contact Zemana if they allow Upgrades from ZAM to ZAL.

Please see post in Question - Difference between Zemana Anti-Malware and Anti-Logger?
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'm confused with the meaning of exclusions. From what I know if 2 real-time programs are excluded from one another then they'll not scan each other's files, right?

How about their real-time malware operation? If there's a malware and one AV wants to delete and the other wants to quarantine/delete what happens then?

I'm actually considering to install free Avast antivirus and Emsisoft Antimalware both in real-time with exclusions by each. Will they conflict from the example aforementioned as well?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Solarlynx

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'm confused with the meaning of exclusions. From what I know if 2 real-time programs are excluded from one another then they'll not scan each other's files, right?

How about their real-time malware operation? If there's a malware and one AV wants to delete and the other wants to quarantine/delete what happens then?

I'm actually considering to install free Avast antivirus and Emsisoft Antimalware both in real-time with exclusions by each. Will they conflict from the example aforementioned as well?

Thanks

I would not install both avast and emisosft, since both of them are legit Anti Virus applications. Anyway, I think their is a possibility that the system would crash if both AV's try to Delete the same infected file. Or the one who is faster wins.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I would not install both avast and emisosft, since both of them are legit Anti Virus applications. Anyway, I think their is a possibility that the system would crash if both AV's try to Delete the same infected file. Or the one who is faster wins.

Then exclusions is useless, right?

So for the previous example when using ZAM Premium (an antimalware) which offers real-time protection similarly cannot work with another antivirus in real-time, right? Like ZAM Premium with Avast Free AV or ZAM Premium with EAM 12

Thanks

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Then exclusions is useless, right?

So for the previous example when using ZAM Premium (an antimalware) which offers real-time protection similarly cannot work with another antivirus in real-time, right? Like ZAM Premium with Avast Free AV or ZAM Premium with EAM 12

Thanks
no not really. it depends on the app itself
zemana is designed to run as a supplementation for your primary AV as they don't recommend to run zemana alone. Thus, zemana can run alongside almost any other AV except for the ones mentioned on their website.

2 main AVs can also run alongside, if lucky, if they don't have drivers or modules which conflict each others but this is highly not recommended

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
As for compatibility, I think they are compatible. After all, they both are supposed to be companion anti-malware products.
As to whether you want/need to run both together, I cannot say.

But if I were you, I would test both with their real-time protection turned on. :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
no not really. it depends on the app itself
zemana is designed to run as a supplementation for your primary AV as they don't recommend to run zemana alone. Thus, zemana can run alongside almost any other AV except for the ones mentioned on their website.

2 main AVs can also run alongside, if lucky, if they don't have drivers or modules which conflict each others but this is highly not recommended
Thanks for the reply

Can please provide a link to those software incompatible to ZAM Premium?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.