Assigned Zemana AntiMalware proved to be the best ransomware protection among globally known products

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Nice FrOg,
from just what I see it peaks at between speeds of 200 to 300 kb every 5 to 7 seconds
Netbalancer will give me accurate totals but I need another meter that can measure app's usage
on a daily basis. I want to use two tools that way i can check for accuracy.
Thanks for sharing that data.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
No doubt I am going to be shot down in flames for this but...This is a poor test IMO.
A job worth doing is worth doing well,and if one is going to rule out software like WAR (among others) in a test like this (regardless of the reason) then it is not a job done well!....
Why even bother to do the test if one is not going to test at least 10 different softs that would compete with Zemana?
This smells a lot like a rigged game IMO
As for Zemana needing almost continuous cloud access...well,why does it STILL need that access when the realtime protection is switched off?

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@Logethica
I get what he (TwinHeadedEagle) is saying reguarding the test, it was more to just show Zemana's capabilities and not to
say it's more effective than other software so competitive software was not needed, kind of like flexing in the mirror so to speak. :)
Well in that case i think that.....
"Zemana AntiMalware proved to be the best ransomware protection among globally known products" is a very deceptive (and IMO deliberately misleading) headline...
How about
"Logethica proved to be the best lover in the UK" (WHEN COMPARED TO A HANDFUL OF AVERAGE LOVERS)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I'm going to get a net calc and do the math on what it uses daily just idle with no scans, I will post it here
in this thread then you can multiply that and get weekly and monthly totals ect.
If what Netbalancer reports is correct I think it will come as a surprise to many
but i have to isolate it on a system with no other net usage and i have a spare system i can install it on and leave it idle for 3 24hr periods and block all windows services from net access so I get accurate numbers.

I think you can get very precise usage with Glasswire.

BTW: are we talking about free version or paid?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think you can get very precise usage with Glasswire.

BTW: are we talking about free version or paid?
Paid version of ?
I have the paid version of Zemana, should I do both paid and free ?
If your referring to Netbalancer, I have the paid version of 9.4.1 (latest build)
I am not sure yet as to the second tool but I will look at what both you and FrOg
suggested and if need be I can purchase the second tool as well. Thanks

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
"Zemana AntiMalware proved to be the best ransomware protection among globally known products" is a very deceptive (and IMO deliberately misleading) headline...
How about
"Logethica proved to be the best lover in the UK" (WHEN COMPARED TO A HANDFUL OF AVERAGE LOVERS)

You are quite write. Though I think ZAM is pretty good anyway.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Is this a Zemana sponsored test?

"Zemana Ltd. commissioned MRG Effitas to conduct a comparative analysis of its Zemana AntiMalware product, and other prevalent generic ransomware tools."

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Zemana_ransomware_detection.pdf

It would have been good to have known this originally. Obviously it doesn't necessarily mean the test is worthless, but knowing it was commissioned by Zemana at least puts it in some sort of context. I've no idea what influence, if any, Zemana had with regard to which rival products were included in the test, or testing methodology used, or, indeed, the wording of the final document.

However, if you look at the full report it does read more like an advertisement for Zemana than a truly independent test.

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
What impresses me is that they included a beta product in their tests and expected it to complete on the same level as the others. Also, I think Erik from SurfRight posted a new version of that test or whatever on WS to explain what was missed or something. I'll see if I can find the post.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
How about
How about "Logethica proved to be the best lover in the UK"
I voted !

A few words just to say that as a Bat-penguin fighting against malware (and other bad "guys"), I use Zemana, and I'm happy with this tool :)
I tested other similar products, that I removed because of their poor results in comparison with Zemana.
The only other one I keep is "Crystal Security"

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Is this test based on signatures or did they test the programs with zero-day samples in order to check the BB?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.