App Review Zemana AntiMalware vs Malwarebytes AntiMalware vs Hitman Pro Detection test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Zemana installed yesterday, great video!
Zemana doing very well!
I did not expect this from Malwarebytes o_O
Very good your videos
Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks for this battle of the on-demand scanners.
Zemana did a very surprisingly good job. I'm going to install it and give it a try.
Hitman Pro did also not bad at all. Malwarebytes was a bit dissapointing imo, but still a very good product.
Btw, how old was this malware?

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks for this battle of the on-demand scanners.
Zemana did a very surprisingly good job. I'm going to install it and give it a try.
Hitman Pro did also not bad at all. Malwarebytes was a bit dissapointing imo, but still a very good product.
Btw, how old was this malware?

3 days old :)

and thank you guys

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I'm looking forward to seeing your results, should you want to share...
Here's one, but not the newest. It's not really scientific, also I didn't have VM / SD (and no ZAM) this time, so I could not run the leftovers.
I don't know why Qihoo (CLOUD - like those HEUR thing!) found even more after running a scan with BD / Avira activated, and not before... I did not count out those found by Avira / BD, but these were only a few. Also, some automatic detections popped up while scan with all engines.
It's fun to test such a huge pack, but bring lot's of time with you ;)

At this time, they already had this PUP-detection feature. Config: Security (but with Avira + BD deactivated, Ransomware Protection on (Standard), Scan all files, scan archives, unchecked the "skip archive bigger than 50 MB" option.

Total files: 65.536
Qihoo (Cloud+Signature) only: 56.839 (2 Runs)
Leftover files: 8.697
Avira + BD activated (31.12.2015):
Run 1: 53 (lot's of hits by 360 Cloud)
Run 2: 29 (lot's of hits by 360 Cloud)
Automatic File Protection (all engines enabled): 12
HMP: 142

Leftover (probably clean(ed) files): 8.461

Attachments

• Unbenannt8.JPG
    Unbenannt8.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 671
  • Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 635

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Thanks for your work.

I still remember last year when Zemana was asking for beta testers for their new product.Awesome, how far they have come.
The software has become one of my prized tools for system cleaning and overall protection.

Both Hitman and MBAM are good,as well...(Which reminds me-I need to renew HMP.A.Good tool,also.)

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks for your work.

I still remember last year when Zemana was asking for beta testers for their new product.Awesome, how far they have come.
The software has become one of my prized tools for system cleaning and overall protection.

Both Hitman and MBAM are good,as well...(Which reminds me-I need to renew HMP.A.Good tool,also.)

Yes, Agreed. ZAM is very good on-demand scanner :)

Currently I have ZAM Portable Free for ondemand scan.

Good to know ZAM did well.

:D ZAM is awesome!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Zemana will have always an advantage considering the engines use on realtime and scanner too, Hitman Pro and MBAM have decent performance and can be use to remove sophisticated threats powered of their tools to reduce the symptooms of infection.

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I can say, do not totally trust herdprotect, just let's it scan, and...rescan with the vendors that herdprotect said as " detected by Avira", rescan with Avira or submit the files to Avira to analysis. DON'T remove the "threat" by Herdprotect.
I'm using MBAM free, will try Zemana soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.