App Review Zemana AntiMalware vs Ransomware (Juan Diaz)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 178

If there is a conflict between members then you may use the PM system to work it out like gentlemen.
Problem is that people are emotionally involved, they can't hear the truth when they are wrong.
They are the first to attack then click the report button when they are cornered.
Except the admins, I'm the oldest member here, I saw it all... but before, the rudely-told truth prevailed over the sweet-talked BS, I'm not so sure now.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Problem is that people are emotionally involved, they can't hear the truth when they are wrong.
They are the first to attack then click the report button when they are cornered.
Except the admins, I'm the oldest member here, I saw it all... but before, the rudely-told truth prevailed over the sweet-talked BS, I'm not so sure now.
Well to get back on track I will say this.......
It is better to report than to hijack a thread.
You can convey what you believe is the truth without being rude.
As far as sweet talking.......I guess that would be the sentence above but hardly _ _ .

D

Deleted member 178

It is better to report than to hijack a thread.
You know how the report button is abused, it should be used only for serious matters (direct insult, harassment , suspicious links, spam, etc...) , not opinion divergence, for that we post and we debate (with respect) so others can get both point of view and get their own opinions.
Too many times I saw people that can't handle the slighest criticism, being offensive and spam the report button, as if because they report it means they are right. I recall in the past solving 10+ reports for a single post which was not offending but just strongly expressing an opinion/point of view.
There is some serious and popular forums where debates are way more intense than here and thread are not locked or posts silently deleted like I see here lately.
I hope MT will stop over-sanitation and not become a kindergarten place.

Just my opinion. The rest is in your hands.

D

Deleted member 178

I think in forum you have to have tolerance with the opinions of others. not everyone has the same opinion. but you have to respect, that would be the principle. and the second I'm not always right I can be wrong.
And we have the ignore button, don't like someone, push ignore, problem solved.
Lol

P.S: I will suggest to make a new thread from those off topic post lol

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I noticed that people are often emotionally involved, when someone has quite different opinion. And funny thing, sometimes two quite different opinions can be both equally right or both equally wrong. The world is not simply black and white.:unsure:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Thanks for video. I am not surprised by the test results. Zemana - is just an multi engine antivirus using signatures from antivirus vendors. One unknown cryptographer is enough...
That depends on the settings. ZAM Premium on the video, uses non default settings with Pandora Cloud-Sandbox, which is an advanced heuristics + application reputation service.
So, when connected to the Internet, ZAM Premium can work similarly to EAM.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
In the real world, the home user will not be infected in the way shown on the video. The GusCrypter.exe will be delivered as a payload, but first the system has to be compromised. That usually will happen via the weaponized document or script (scriptlet). If the user does not open spam attachments, or uses SRP, Anti-exe, etc. + script & macro blocking - then the payload will not be even executed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

but first the system has to be compromised. That usually will happen via the weaponized document or script (scriptlet). If the user does not open spam attachments, or uses SRP, Anti-exe, etc. + script & macro blocking - then the payload will not be even executed.
Exactly, if your entry points are covered and you don't click happy , you won't have to be afraid.

It is why i laugh at all those Younoobs posting vids where their uber malware/Metasploit are already in the system/network. That is not how it works in real world.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I wouldn't say Zemana is a bad product at all. No product (maybe the exception of VDS) can 100% in some points. Zemana paired with OSArmor would plug gaps Zemana may miss.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.