Assigned Zemana+Avira with Spyshelter

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

no1ne

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 2, 2016
Hi,

I have the Zemana Antilogger Paid ( contains both the anti-malware and the anti-logger) and Avira Free. I just got a key for SpyShelter Premium 10.8.4. Question is should I install it along with zemana and avira. Should I install it and disable some features and let others run? Or will this be just overkill and conflict with Zemana?

I have done some light research but I would like to hear your reasonings guys.

Thank-You :)

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
Perhaps two antilogger-programs could slow the performance of your system, but you have to test for it.
I don't think that there are any compatibility issues. If you're using any virtualization software like VMware or VirtualBox, I would test it on a virtual machine before.

no1ne

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 2, 2016
Perhaps two antilogger-programs could slow the performance of your system, but you have to test for it.
I don't think that there are any compatibility issues. If you're using any virtualization software like VMware or VirtualBox, I would test it on a virtual machine before.
Yes...nice suggestion.. I shall have to install a virtual machine and try this out

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Guys, when you install products that have the same purpose, it is to be expected to have some problems. It is the same thing as two antivirus products. They have a lot of their components in the deepest layer of Windows called kernel and when two products fight for a power to do something, that is the case when you get BSOD or unbootable system. Think about it when installing two similar products. Zemana has its kernel component and if it decides to perform some task, nothing can stop it.

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Guys, when you install products that have the same purpose, it is to be expected to have some problems. It is the same thing as two antivirus products. They have a lot of their components in deepest layer of Windows called kernel and when two products fight for a power to do something, that is the case when you get BSOD or unbootable system. Think about it when installing two similar products. Zemana has it's kernel component and if it decides to perform some task, nothing can stop it.

This. Has long as the products install their own kernel drivers, even if they are disabled, the drivers are still installed, present on the system and they can cause conflict and instability.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Guys, when you install products that have the same purpose, it is to be expected to have some problems. It is the same thing as two antivirus products. They have a lot of their components in the deepest layer of Windows called kernel and when two products fight for a power to do something, that is the case when you get BSOD or unbootable system. Think about it when installing two similar products. Zemana has its kernel component and if it decides to perform some task, nothing can stop it.
I agree with Eagle & Aura, and will go as far to say Zemana is the superior product in this equasion.
I would use one or the other, layering this is bad business.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Sorry for the partially off topic question. I am trying Avira free along with ZAL at the time on my desktop. I also have MBAM 3 free installed just for occasional scans (not always running) which also has a driver installed I suppose.
Do you say that any of them, real time or not, can conflict with each and cause problems like BSOD's? I always thought that third party programs - not for real time protection - like MBAM free or products claiming to be complementary like Zemana antilogger, are ok to be installed together.

Reactions: Svoll

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
despite of keystroke protection redundancy problem, both program has HIPS-like feature. I think it's bad to have two HIPS in your system.

Reactions: Svoll

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I have actually tried running ZAL and SpS and in my experience on my PC, doesn't play nice. I would use whichever of the two that will expire first or pick between the two, ZAL set it and forget it, SpS if you perfer control and custom configuration and don't mind the popups.:) Good Luck!

ant_gamal

Level 5
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I use ss firewall with zemana antimalware not antilogger
And there is no problem I saw till now

Both realtime not deactivate any option for each one

Also eset smart security with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.