Assigned Zemana Real time Protection

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giannis

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 27, 2014
So Zemana added real-time protection on their latest builds (Zemana Anti-Malware). Looks like it's no longer just an on demand scanner. Any thoughs about this? Anyone tested the protection yet? Plans with it (eg. Anyone going to use it as real time etc.)?

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Real-time protection? Could it be used as a companion antivirus or not?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Zemana team said in the Wilders forums that this added feature should be compatible with other security softwares.
It's still in beta, though. As of now, it's still problematic.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I think it only works on execution.

That's what I was thinking to. It only did something when I executed malware in a VM. It's very responsive. They probably only have it for delete or quarantine only (to protect the user from just letting it run until you do something - however most others would simply block it's access until it received an answer).

If I'm not mistaken, I also saw it having a behavior monitor for files it doesn't know about. That is what my full interest is in. We already know Zemana can detect since it uses great engines, we know it can clean an infected system, but can it kill zero days in the final product? Only thing I know for certain is Zemana is going in a great direction with good momentum.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Zemana team said in the Wilders forums that this added feature should be compatible with other security softwares.
It's still in beta, though. As of now, it's still problematic.
mine after update, doesn't say beta on it (?).

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I hope they add AntiLogger to Anti-Malware i see they don't update it anymore working on Anti-Malware only. Tested Zemana Anti-Malware 2.18.2.19 real-time protection still not good it detected threat when i did cloud scan but when i open scanned file it did not detect it and let me open it, i even activated Pandora Real Time Analysis did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.