Assigned Zemana should make an extension for Chrome and Firefox

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date
This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Should Zemana make an extension for Chrome and Firefox?

• Yes

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
This is not criticism it is a recommendation - Zemana should make an extension for Chrome and Firefox which uses the engines ZAM Realtime uses, it should block all types of phishing and malicious websites.

Do you think they might do this?
Do you think it's a good idea?

Thank you in advance, hope this helps - have a good day :)

Regards,
AMR

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I had asked them about the possibility of adding malicious website protection.

And the reply was
"Not in the near future..."
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA | Page 56 | Wilders Security Forums
But it's probably best if it didn't since it could create some conflict with other security programs. Now if it was an extension, who knows, it could be possible. Though I doubt they will bother doing that.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Keep an eye on Avira's Scout project, currently in development. Also the default Google SafeBrowsing is excellent against Malware and Phishing sites, including downloads.

Zemana may provide an top protection from its Anti-malware and Anti-logger software, but I voted No. It's a bad idea for Zemana.

Majority of Zemana current offerings are for paying customers, I don't see them making a free browser extension.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Keep an eye on Avira's Scout project, currently in development. Also the default Google SafeBrowsing is excellent against Malware and Phishing sites, including downloads.

Zemana may provide an top protection from its Anti-malware and Anti-logger software, but I voted No. It's a bad idea for Zemana.

Majority of Zemana current offerings are for paying customers, I don't see them making a free browser extension.

+1 for voted NO.
Right now I feel Zemana should stay as it is.

Reactions: Smith83

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Zemana have payment product same as avira.. and also free version zemana coming so... your argument are invalid and any way what this have to extension brower ?! Nothing....
Payment not must be better than free and free not even are better than payments this work in both sides.

Any extension which improve security are good extension ofc can be better alternative but still can be good "if ofc work aswell agains virus"

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
Companies will most likely release things when a "new generation of technology" comes out. Lots of video game companies do this to promote themselves as well as the console or new technology. (e.g. valve with the half life and portal series)

For example, extensions for Microsoft Edge. If ZAM were to make an extension, it would promote their software as well as Microsoft Edge. Win-Win for all of us.

It would be a smart buisness choice for ZAM, but it's all up to them.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I voted "No", I dont see the reason to spend resources and time to make a browser extension that wouldnt add much in security terms/competitivity. IMO Zemana should focus resources in their anti malware and anti keylogger solutions.

I like Zemana AntiMalware simplicity and would hate to see it become bloatware in the future.

Infamous

Level 1
Verified
Dec 20, 2015
I voted "Maybe" because I think there are both advantages and disadvantages to them making a browser extension for malicious website protection. I think it would be a good idea because it would introduce new customers to their services and they would become more popular over time, although, I also believe it would be a bad idea because they could use their resources and time working on their existing products instead.

We should remember that if they made an extension for web browsers, it may potentially reduce the performance and stability of the browser which some people may find irritating and this may affect their reviews.

S

Smith83

Thread author
I like Zemana AntiMalware simplicity and would hate to see it become bloatware in the future.

This is true. When they get away from simple they will turn to crap. Look what happened to junkware removal tool since malwarebytes took over the project. They turned it into sh!!!t program. Simple is the way they should stay. There are other programs for web protection besides if anything malicious from a. Site is downloaded zam will stop it in its tracks with realtime protection

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its all about the developers choice, but in my respected view; Zemana mainly focus on scanner + anti-keylogger protection which definitely came in-demand from users. + Revenues are regularly circulated for sure so adding another target may not be good at all as long its a major concern upon analysis.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Zemana have payment product same as avira.. and also free version zemana coming so... your argument are invalid
Wrong, my opinion is not invalid.

The majority does not mean all, and I have used Zemana Anti-Logger Free in the past. Due to a lack of on-going development updates and other issues, I ceased to using it. Did you also notice the gap between the two latest updates? December 2014 and November 2015.

Do tell me what Zemana products are coming soon.

Who said it would be free?
Look on the Chrome Web Store and let me know if you find a legitimate paid extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.