Jul 23, 2018
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and as a second opinion and on demand scanner Hitman.pro 3.8.0 Build 295
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman.pro 3.8.0 Build 295
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome
- AdBlock
- Bitdefender Wallet
- Google Docs Offline
- Honey
- Social Blade
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
External Hard Drive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect 7.1 Free
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/p1teys-budget-rig.85396/
I

illumination

I would certainly recommend dropping the drive booster, never relying on 3rd party drive updating applications, this is better done manually and to fit the system.

I see no form of system back up, so assuming you keep a copy of bootable OS media on hand for repairs/complete wipes?

Other then, basics are covered...

zer0underscore

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2018
I would certainly recommend dropping the drive booster, never relying on 3rd party drive updating applications, this is better done manually and to fit the system.

I see no form of system back up, so assuming you keep a copy of bootable OS media on hand for repairs/complete wipes?

Other then, basics are covered...
What can I improve? Can you suggest anything that will rise me from Basics?

I

illumination

What can I improve? Can you suggest anything that will rise me from Basics?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with just having the basics, matter of fact, it is a good thing. Minimizing the amount of 3rd party applications means limiting bugs/expansion of your surface of attack. Covering most areas, is what it means by having basics covered. Have some form of system back up added and you will be good to go with those, removing the drive updating application may very well save you a headache in the future in more ways then one..

zer0underscore

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2018
There is absolutely nothing wrong with just having the basics, matter of fact, it is a good thing. Minimizing the amount of 3rd party applications means limiting bugs/expansion of your surface of attack. Covering most areas, is what it means by having basics covered. Have some form of system back up added and you will be good to go with those, removing the drive updating application may very well save you a headache in the future in more ways then one..
I will do as you suggest. Oh an why is it Risk Moderate? Is it bad? How did it become Risk Moderate?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@zer0underscore: It would be interesting to add some method for Disk Imaging Backup, Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper are free and reliable, if You don't want a 3rd party tool, then Windows Backup integrated system would be enough...

Thanks for sharing :giggle:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Also a PassWord Manager and a VPN for Web Privacy may complete Your config ;)

Snickers102

Level 1
Verified
Jul 5, 2018
Considering adding some extra protection at no/little cost in inconvenience and performance, such as NVT Syshardener, OSArmor, Hard_Configurator, Sandboxie, ReHips, Hitman Pro Alert, Voodoo Shield, NVT Exe Radar Pro, Appguard

Even more hardening tweaks: Harden Windows 10 for Security. How to secure Windows 10. TairikuOkami's Pastebin - Pastebin.com

Although Bitdefender by itself should be enough if you don't do risky stuff

Driver booster is bad, I use KC Dumo for driver updates

Try checking if you can get bitdefender 2019 as a free upgrade from 2018

Try a password manager, good choices are Dashlane, LastPass, 1Password, Keepass etc.

KC Sumo for updating your programs

OOSU10 increases your privacy

Btw, notice how your security level went from Risk: Moderate to Secure: Complete just by adding macrium reflect, talk about harlan being biased :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: harlan4096

zer0underscore

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2018
Considering adding some extra protection at no/little cost in inconvenience and performance, such as NVT Syshardener, OSArmor, Hard_Configurator, Sandboxie, ReHips, Hitman Pro Alert, Voodoo Shield, NVT Exe Radar Pro, Appguard

Even more hardening tweaks: Harden Windows 10 for Security. How to secure Windows 10. TairikuOkami's Pastebin - Pastebin.com

Although Bitdefender by itself should be enough if you don't do risky stuff

Driver booster is bad, I use KC Dumo for driver updates

Try checking if you can get bitdefender 2019 as a free upgrade from 2018

Try a password manager, good choices are Dashlane, LastPass, 1Password, Keepass etc.

KC Sumo for updating your programs

OOSU10 increases your privacy

Btw, notice how your security level went from Risk: Moderate to Secure: Complete just by adding macrium reflect, talk about harlan being biased :ROFLMAO:
I mainly play games on my computer (sometimes code for my parents for their websites) I deleted driver booster. I'll add a password manager as most of the people suggested, I tried getting BDTS 2019, didn't work.
And as for OSArmor, Voodoo Shield etc. I considered adding sandboxie and Comodo Firewall (although I think comodo firewall is redundant and it would interfere with BD).

Reactions: oldschool

Question

Level 3
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Good Config
At System Utilities you can use NepTune SystemCare Ultimate (Its WiseCare with a better Design, you can use any WiseCare Key to Activate it) & CCleaner

Complete Security layers covered

'dopse
Thanks for Sharing

Links:
NepTune System Utilities: Click Me

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.