ZoneAlarm® version 15.6.028.18012

Step 1

Level 3
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
A main-powered PC with 16 GB of RAM.

ZoneAlarm stopped working altogether, so I uninstalled it, but it left a folder on my PC called CheckPoint and it won't let me delete it. It contains a bunch of other folders containing files belonging to the anti-ransomware tool. Where should I ask for assistance? The ZoneAlarm forums are useless. Can someone from MalwareTips help me?
I hope it works for you

Reactions: oldschool

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
nothing works ... i am still struggling with it ... it is there no matter what i do

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i discovered that i still have the anti ransomware installed . task manager revealed it to me . tried uninstalling it with revo uninstaller but still dealing with it

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i tried the free Zonealarm AV + FW....it ran smooth on my system and the learning firewall was very responsive.
I think this will be my alternative free AV.....if I someday change my current combo

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
i discovered that i still have the anti ransomware installed . task manager revealed it to me . tried uninstalling it with revo uninstaller but still dealing with it
I did a bit of searching online and managed to uninstall the anti ransomware component and to delete the folders that remained. Here's what worked for me:

Reinstall ZoneAlarm's Extreme Security trial version. Use their removal tool to uninstall it:

Then go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\TPCommon\Cipolla

and launch the uninst.exe file. That should remove the anti-ransomware component. If it gives you any errors, post here. It prompted several errors before finally completing the uninstallation.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

this was my golden rule to uninstall without any problems.

• After ZoneAlarm window appears, Click on the Tools dropdown and select Preferances. Uncheck the box "Load ZoneAlarm at startup" Then click OK.
    Close ZoneAlarm.
  • Reboot your computer.
  • After your computer has rebooted ZoneAlarm will no longer automaticlly start.
  • Now click Start, Control Panel, Programs, select the ZoneAlarm program at the bottom of the list and click Uninstall.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I used revo uninstaller and robit and all the above . My laptop was running so slowly before that

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.