NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
ZoneAlarm® Free Antivirus + Firewall 10 Beta

Beta Center

- Antivirus/Spyware Scan Engine
Detects and removes viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and rootkits. Harnesses the power of the cloud to deliver critical protection from the latest viruses with frequently updated signatures.
- Two-Way Firewall
Locks out hackers, blocks intrusions, and makes your PC invisible online with the same technology that protects 100% of Fortune 100 companies.
- Anti-Phishing and Site Status
Blocks phishers, authenticates websites, and warns you if a site is dangerous.
- Application Control
Restricts programs from malicious activities - blocking attacks that bypass other defenses. Stops malware from phoning home or turning your PC into a bot.
- Online Backup
Backs up files and restores your data in the event of hardware malfunction. 2GB free.

bB9ZP.gif

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
any video review??

zonealarm antivirus using Kaspersky engine???
http://www.neowin.net/news/zonealarm-free-antivirus--firewall-102021000-beta

G

Guest28

Download to the beta link was removed. If only they thought of this ages ago. I'm sure it will be nothing to avast or avira...

G

Guest28

I lol,d at the person who said outpost was better than za hahahahahaha.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
tapoo said:
any video review??

zonealarm antivirus using Kaspersky engine???
http://www.neowin.net/news/zonealarm-free-antivirus--firewall-102021000-beta

Even before, paid version of ZoneAlarm AV primarily engine used is from Kaspersky. I assumed it will be same in the free version.

Since its a Free AV only basic protection only included.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Apologies to everyone, the download link was definitely live last night :(

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Link in original post is now live for beta.
You must register to take part in the testing though.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just found this info from other forum related on that thread (about ZA AV+FW beta discussion). A member posted it.

We've listened to your feedback and the next beta version will include riskware/potentially unwanted programs in the anti-virus database.

Thanks for helping make the new release of ZoneAlarm the best ever!

- ZoneAlarm Beta Team

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
New beta with riskware scanning added !
Updated
10.2.021 -> 10.2.024
Fixed issues:
Added option to the installer to install full or minimal bases
Added option to the installer to install in Max or Learning mode
Added OSFW to ZA Free + AV
Added Advanced download protection in the toolbar
Added Riskware scanning
URL clipboard scanning - alerts when a malicious URL is copied to the clipboard
Enabled optimizations when doing a right-click context menu scan
Added Snooze AV
Added Snooze Firewall
Fixed AV conflict detection so the dialog only shows once and can be suppressed on future restarts

MDRockstar

Dec 14, 2011
I test it right now and i must say that i'm impressed! The os firewall integrated(some sort of HIPS) and the riskware scanning added to this version make this version incredible!

The only negative point right now that i see : It only update 1 time a day automatically in the free version.

I have sent feedback to them to increase the number of update daily to the free version. If you send feedback to zonealarm , they could add it to the next beta.

If you want to help here is the link: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en/forms/beta-feedback-form.htm

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@ MDRockstar

Thanks for the info.
I was just curious as used Zonealarm a long time ago and always interested in their progress :)
They need to update the signatures more than once a day for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.