• Controls who can follow you as you surf the
  • Internet Increases your Internet browsing speed
Read more: http://blog.anti-virus4u.com/2014/03/zonealarm-2015-is-here.html

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This company has completely lost all of my trust, They bundled adware and other stuff in the installer.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZypKode and tapoo

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
I like the firewall, one of the best.
They focus on enterprise.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I believe that info on that site is bogus, there is nothing listed on their homepage about even for a new beta version.
Download links on that site is for older versions of ZoneAlarm products- version 12.0.104.00 when the current version is 12.0.121.000.

That website is probably just a third-party resale site trying to promote a product that doesn't even exists.
Why does it posts news for a new version with no current download links for it?

ZoneAlarm 2015 does not exist.

Thanks. :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

I'm not sure what Checkpoint is trying to do, no mention of this version on their website or forums but the Facebook page includes a new version 13.0.104.000.

Download Link for ZoneAlarm FREE Antivirus + Firewall- http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1650_za/zaSetupWeb_130_104_000.exe

No download links available for their free stand-alone firewall or trial version of their paid products.

You must install their adware toolbar in order to receive product updates which will change your default search engine and homepage on your browsers and locks them.

No changelogs have been posted for this version- http://sc1.checkpoint.com/sc1/za/release-history/zafree.html

The last thing I heard was they were going to discontinue the home user products and only focus on enterprise solutions.
I'm really surprised to see a new version.

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeXPMan

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
Zonelab ZA was my very first firewall looong time ago and it was pretty good and when it became Checkpoint ZA ... well .. oh well ... better stay with Windows Fw :p

Reactions: Koroke San
D

Deleted member 2913

It is mentioned "New AV Engine", have they replaced Kaspersky Engine?

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
what was i testing then and i though it was the 2014 version?

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is mentioned "New AV Engine", have they replaced Kaspersky Engine?

I installed it in Sandboxie, the GUI is exactly the same as the previous version 12.0.121.000 and it uses the same exact Kaspersky engine version 8.3.3.9 as the previous version. I don't see any changes to speak of.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The people who manage the social media may have gotten a little too excited.. I think it's a ploy to get people chattering about ZA 2015.

D

Deleted member 2913

I'm not sure what Checkpoint is trying to do, no mention of this version on their website or forums but the Facebook page includes a new version 13.0.104.000.

Download Link for ZoneAlarm FREE Antivirus + Firewall- http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1650_za/zaSetupWeb_130_104_000.exe

No download links available for their free stand-alone firewall or trial version of their paid products.

You must install their adware toolbar in order to receive product updates which will change your default search engine and homepage on your browsers and locks them.

No changelogs have been posted for this version- http://sc1.checkpoint.com/sc1/za/release-history/zafree.html

The last thing I heard was they were going to discontinue the home user products and only focus on enterprise solutions.
I'm really surprised to see a new version.

Under custom install, downside corner "skip all offers" click this & no toolbar, nothing.
Updates are still once in 24 hrs.
Cloud protection only in paid products.
Webshield only in paid products

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

I installed it in Sandboxie, the GUI is exactly the same as the previous version 12.0.121.000 and it uses the same exact Kaspersky engine version 8.3.3.9 as the previous version. I don't see any changes to speak of.

Is it an old or latest Kaspersky engine?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Is it an old or latest Kaspersky engine?
It is the latest Kaspersky Anti-Virus Software Development Kit (SDK) engine that Kaspersky leases to OEM.

Kaspersky never leases their latest engine used in their own products. Most AV vendors don't either.

Reactions: Koroke San

DaveDN

Level 1
Verified
Oct 9, 2013
Presently i have Webroot installed in my Home PC. Will this work along with Webroot ? Or will I have to un install existing software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.