Zonealarm 2017 15.0.123.17051

Discussion in 'ZoneAlarm (Check Point)' started by wert33, Sep 14, 2016.

1. wert33

wert33 Level 2

May 22, 2012
    Germany
  2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Level 2

Jan 8, 2013
    EU
    Windows 7
    Microsoft
    On my Win7x64, this version doesn't even let me boot to desktop. After password input, i only see a black screen. I tried twice and had the same result. I had to enter safe mode in order to uninstall.

How low has Zone Alarm fallen... Not to mention that they made every effort to make the GUI as user unfriendly as possible...

Cats-4_Owners-2 and kuttan like this.
  3. gery79

gery79 Level 4

Jun 21, 2011
    i find it heavy on my computer especially on browsing ..... very bad

Cats-4_Owners-2 and kuttan like this.
  4. TheErzengel

TheErzengel Level 2

Dec 21, 2012
    It's heavy and the interface is awful.

ZoneAlarm was my favorite software in the past, nowadays it is really bad.

5. A.S.K

A.S.K Level 1

Dec 19, 2016
    India
    Windows 8.1
    Comodo
    Developers are not concentrating on resource usage even though it uses kaspersky engine users avoid this product due to high resource usage.

Cats-4_Owners-2, Parsh and kuttan like this.
  6. Arrabida Rock

Arrabida Rock Level 3

Apr 2, 2016
    Portinho da Arrábida
    Windows 10
    i'll be waiting for a free extension (chrome web store, etc., to replace the old famous toolbar) to add browser security with free ZA but all these years waiting i got bored... :(

7. Sr. Normal 2.0

Sr. Normal 2.0 Level 5
    Trusted

Sep 14, 2016
    Talavera, España
    Windows 10
    Norton
    I know what you say. ZoneAlarm firewall is, IMO, an excellent firewall, but the suite is cut and paste. I cut a little bit of this antivirus and another bit of this Parental Control, I paste everything together and Voilá, I have a suite.

They have a Chrome extension, but only in paid versions. Free users, or Firefox, Edge, IE users do not currently have that option :(

8. gery79

gery79 Level 4

Jun 21, 2011
    for example they could have borrow the very nice and simple interface of PCTOOLS since they vanished or could have made something of their own . Kaspersky is heavy as a cow on the systems and there are tons of lighter options there such as Avira Norton or anything else and why npt have your own engine ....... this is why i ditched it for something lighter

9. Parsh

Parsh Level 24
    Trusted AV Tester

Dec 27, 2016
    7 Islands of Bombay
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Kaspersky has already improved a lot to n resource usage and I don't find it that heavy. From scan mode, scan domain selection to heuristics, as much you try to modify, the usage varies greatly.
    In ZoneAlarm, KASPERSKY engine won't cause all the heaviness either.
    If at all I'll use it, I'll use the firewall actively and the AV engine as on-demand.
    That's a wonderful and probably the only way to use KASPERSKY engine offline for on-demand/2nd opinion, and use another AV for primary protection.