Zonealarm 2017 15.0.123.17051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzfas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 8, 2013
On my Win7x64, this version doesn't even let me boot to desktop. After password input, i only see a black screen. I tried twice and had the same result. I had to enter safe mode in order to uninstall.

How low has Zone Alarm fallen... Not to mention that they made every effort to make the GUI as user unfriendly as possible...

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Developers are not concentrating on resource usage even though it uses kaspersky engine users avoid this product due to high resource usage.
I know what you say. ZoneAlarm firewall is, IMO, an excellent firewall, but the suite is cut and paste. I cut a little bit of this antivirus and another bit of this Parental Control, I paste everything together and Voilá, I have a suite.

They have a Chrome extension, but only in paid versions. Free users, or Firefox, Edge, IE users do not currently have that option :(

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
for example they could have borrow the very nice and simple interface of PCTOOLS since they vanished or could have made something of their own . Kaspersky is heavy as a cow on the systems and there are tons of lighter options there such as Avira Norton or anything else and why npt have your own engine ....... this is why i ditched it for something lighter

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
for example they could have borrow the very nice and simple interface of PCTOOLS since they vanished or could have made something of their own . Kaspersky is heavy as a cow on the systems and there are tons of lighter options there such as Avira Norton or anything else and why npt have your own engine ....... this is why i ditched it for something lighter
Kaspersky has already improved a lot to n resource usage and I don't find it that heavy. From scan mode, scan domain selection to heuristics, as much you try to modify, the usage varies greatly.
In ZoneAlarm, KASPERSKY engine won't cause all the heaviness either.
If at all I'll use it, I'll use the firewall actively and the AV engine as on-demand.
That's a wonderful and probably the only way to use KASPERSKY engine offline for on-demand/2nd opinion, and use another AV for primary protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.