ZoneAlarm and 360 Total Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I tried an installation with 360 Total Security and ZoneAlarm, but ZA pops up a message every boot about 360TS trying to modify (flag DELETE) ZAlog.txt which is the ZA log file in ProgramData. Anybody has an idea what is going on?
Purrint009.png

The behavior monitor was turned off in 360TS, by the way.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I tried an installation with 360 Total Security and ZoneAlarm, but ZA pops up a message every boot about 360TS trying to modify (flag DELETE) ZAlog.txt which is the ZA log file in ProgramData. Anybody has an idea what is going on?View attachment 12849

The behavior monitor was turned off in 360TS, by the way.
Try excluding ZA from 360 and vice -versa!
Maybe that will solve it?!

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Try excluding ZA from 360 and vice -versa!
Maybe that will solve it?!
That was done already, that is, ZA was excluded from monitoring by TS (only file saving check enabled, and only executables and documents, so a .txt shouldn't be monitored). And you can't exclude anything from messing with ZA files because of its self-protection.

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I've never used it!
Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Can you exclude in 360 the folder where ZA logs are kept?
Wait, you may be right. I think I forgot to exclude the ProgramData ZA folder. I'll check that and report.

Edit: although it is strange still because the real-time monitors shouldn't even be monitoring any program's behavior nor a .txt being modified. I have also noticed on a different occasion that even when you turn off the file saving check, some malware files still get blocked on writing. So TS does behave in unexpected ways.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.