Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Beta Thread: Zonealarm Anti-Ransomware (Beta)

PC Mag Review (July 2017) - Check Point ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware

ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware analyzes all suspicious activities on your PC. It detects Ransomware attacks, blocks them and immediately restores any encrypted files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is the result of years of research and development and offers the best Enterprise-Grade protection against Ransomware threats. It is fully compatible with all antivirus solutions.

Offer: 30-day FREE Trial (billing)
Price: $3 per month / 3 PCs
OS: Windows 7 SP2 (What is SP2?), Windows 8.1, Windows 10

upload_2017-7-21_18-44-9.png

Auto File Restoration
The only anti-ransomware protection that immediately and automatically restores any encrypted files.
File Protection
Detects and blocks Ransomware threats, even those that other PC security solutions don’t catch.
PC Shield
Blocks any malicious attempts to lock your PC and ensures you always have access to it.​

Comments below.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Not bad. The early video review here showed it fail terribly against RW. Apparently it has improved much from its earliest beta. It will be great to see it in the Hub!
I did get to learn interesting bits about the ransomware protection of some other apps from the link too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Come on, I am not sharing my credit card info just to test trial for 30 days. Is there are any workaround for this or a direct download link? :rolleyes:
za.PNG

Edit: Managed to install with fake credit card. :D
zal.PNG zamm.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
Not bad. The early video review here showed it fail terribly against RW. Apparently it has improved much from its earliest beta. It will be great to see it in the Hub!
I did get to learn interesting bits about the ransomware protection of some other apps from the link too.
interesting review and same here, assuming what they said about how other products work is accurate lol
it says they tested 6 ransomwares (no idea which ones) and it worked on all 6, even clearing the ransom notes (which apparently some other programs left behind in their testing).

Would be interesting to see some testing done in the hub for sure, but it says users need to create an account in order to download the trial AND input credit card info (so if they don't cancel, they get charged on that credit card...) :(o_O

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Come on, I am not sharing my credit card info just to test trial for 30 days. Is there are any workaround for this or a direct download link? :rolleyes:
View attachment 160345
Edit: Managed to install with fake credit card. :D
View attachment 160356 View attachment 160357
That was a nice one :D You just gave the direction to all ZA-AR aspirants.

interesting review and same here, assuming what they said about how other products work is accurate lol
it says they tested 6 ransomwares (no idea which ones) and it worked on all 6, even clearing the ransom notes (which apparently some other programs left behind in their testing).
Would be interesting to see some testing done in the hub for sure, but it says users need to create an account in order to download the trial AND input credit card info (so if they don't cancel, they get charged on that credit card...) :(o_O
As @davisd kindof bypassed that trouble....
Regarding the test, we do not know the samples neither do we know if the review is biased you know how. Some transparent video review / MH testing will shed light more appropriately on its effectiveness.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
That was a nice one :D You just gave the direction to all ZA-AR aspirants.

As @davisd kindof bypassed that trouble....
Regarding the test, we do not know the samples neither do we know if the review is biased you know how. Some transparent video review / MH testing will shed light more appropriately on its effectiveness.
lol @davisd and i had the same idea ;)
5555555555554444 ;):D

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
PcMag 22/8/17

Check Point ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware

• Pros
    Successfully protected against real-world ransomware samples and cleaned up all traces of ransomware in testing. Very easy to use.

• Cons
    Not free like some competing products. In one test, it reported failure even though it succeeded.

• Bottom Line
    Check Point ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is the most effective ransomware-specific security tool we've seen. In testing, it showed complete success against all of our real-world samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.