Not open for further replies.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, @xtremehosting!
From the two above, I would go with Privatefirewall. Its HIPS, though much talkative, is very good, while ZA's needs a lot of improvement. Both are quite light in memory usage (30MB PF, 50-60MB ZA), but ZA, at least in my system, uses a lot of CPU. ZA's UI might seem more attractive, but PF is much more configurable.
As far as the firewall component is concerned (not HIPS), both, in my opinion, are great.
My suggestion though would be with COMODO Firewall.

Edit: ZoneAlarm also comes with bundled adware during installation.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
my voice on Private Firewall is a light and no problems with it so it is install and forget.
I have it installed on another computer, and I'm happy with it is really good.:)

Reactions: Xtwillight

xtremehosting

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2014
guys i have replaced zone alarm firewall with private firewall.

PF is very configurable but i am getting one issue my inter net got terribly slow after installing PF(may be not configured properly).

can any one provide me with the guide for configuring it.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Private firewall again if they update it more often, which is not the case actually
Zone alarm i never had good experiences with
for now, window firewall is enough for my needs

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
i would say neither of those to be honest..Hardware firewall is enough if your on a main broadband connection or the windows firewall for other connection types....privatefirewall is hit and miss if it actually installs correctly depending on your computer specifications.

Zonealarm like comodo has become a bloated monstrosity which should be avoided.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Have used Private firewall in the past and found it to be a good firewall. Not updated often though...(as mentioned) last update was I think ---December 20th, 2013, 7:26 GMT. I'd still choose it over Zone Alarm Free.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Comodo .... Zonealarm pasts its golden era, now its comes with adware also, Privatefirewall is good, but for them only who knows how to use it and configure it. Noob like me prefer to stay with Comodo, this CIS version didn't make any problem with me yet... didn't configure anything manually, running smoothly with Avira...

Dont know how Online Armour is doing now, but used some years ago, not bad, but faced some problem after months of use, cant remember what was the problem though. May be experience users avoid such problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.