Coupon Companion is an adware program that will display their own ads on eBay,Best Buy,Facebook and other websites that you are visiting.These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by Coupon Companion.
Coupon Companion got on your computer after you have installed another program that had bundled in their installer the Coupon Companion adware.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Coupon Companion. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Coupon Companion Ads – Adware Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall Coupon Companion from your computer
Coupon Companion has installed a program called Coupon Companion Toolbar on your computer which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall Coupon Companion program from your computer,click the Start button, click on Control Panel,the select Uninstall a program. (Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP users)
- Search and uninstall Coupon Companion from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this program might be renamed, if you can’t find Coupon Companion on your list,then carefully look for any suspicious program and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the Coupon Companion residual damage from your browser
Remove Coupon Companion from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Coupon Companion and click Disable.
Remove Coupon Companion from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove Coupon Companion from Firefox.
Remove Coupon Companion from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar,select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the Coupon Companion extension.
STEP 3: Remove Coupon Companion registry keys with Adwcleaner
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Remove Coupon Companion files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the below link.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- Start the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setupfile.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes’ prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start and you’ll be prompted to start a trial period , please select ‘Decline‘ as we just want to use the on-demand scanner.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform full scan and then click on the Scanbutton to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Coupon Companion malicious files as shown below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 5: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- You can download the latest version of HitmanPro from the below link.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded file to start the HitmanPro installation.
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the malicious files that the program has found.Click on Nextto remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.