Battlefield's Spring Update now available, adds...
Exterminator posted Apr 28, 2017 at 4:22 PM
FalseGuide Malware Racks Up 2 Million Installs on Google...
Exterminator posted Apr 28, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Google and Facebook Are the Two Companies that Got...
MalwareTips Bot posted Apr 28, 2017 at 3:32 PM
Welcome to MawareTips!
This guide will help you ask a question within the MalwareTips forums.
1. Create an account on MalwareTips.com
- Before you can post in the forums it is required that you first create a free account. To start the process of creating your free account click on the following link: Sign up on MalwareTips forums
- On the registration page, you will need to fill in all the required details (username, email, password...).
- When choosing your username, you should make sure that this is not your real name
- Do not use a disposable email address, or register with a VPN/Proxy, because this signals to us that you might not be here for the right reasons.
- You will receive an email from us containing a confirmation link, which you will need to click on.
2. Select the forum category in which you would like to ask a question or start a thread.
- We categorized the forums by subject matter. Therefore, before asking a question in the forums, you must first choose the category that best matches your question.
- To view all our categories go to the our forum list and scroll through the forum categories until you find one that matches the subject of your question. When you find that forum, click on its title which will bring you into the specific forum you chose.
- If you have any kind of malware related issues, we offer free malware removal support in our Malware Removal Assistanceforum.
- If you want our advice on what security products should you use to better protect your computer from malware, you can start a thread in our Security Configuration Wizard forum.
3. Ask a new question in the selected forum category
Once you have selected the forum category in which you would like to ask a question, click on the Post New Thread button as seen below.
4. Create a new thread to ask your question
- You will now be at the screen where you add the content and details of your question. The first thing you should do is enter a descriptive thread title in the Thread Title field as shown in the image below.
- After you have entered the title, you would then enter the actual question you are asking as shown below. We advise you to give as much details as possible about your issues, so that our members will better understand your question.
TIP: In some forums you may notice some Custom Fields, which need to be filled in to give us more details about your machine. These fields are under the thread title.
- Finally, you post your question to the forums by clicking on the CreateThread button as show below.
TIP: Below the Create Thread button, you can choose whether to watch a thread and receive email notifications when there are new responses
Good to know:
MalwareTips encourages a friendly and polite atmosphere. With this in mind, there are a few rules you need to follow:
- Read our community guidelines. Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around them—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
- Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity is not OK here.
- Advertisements of any kind are not allowed. Generally speaking, promoting your projects here will be treated like any other spam.
- Be patient and polite while waiting for your question to be answered. It is important to remember that everyone here is a volunteer, so you may not receive an answer immediately.