If you are seeing advertisements and pop-ups from “Ads by SuperLyrics” whenever you are opening a new tab within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome, then your computer is infected with an adware or potentially unwated program.
“Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-up is an ad-supported (users may see additional banner, search, pop-up, pop-under, interstitial and in-text link advertisements) cross web browser plugin for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, and distributed through various monetization platforms during installation.
The SuperLyrics browser extension is typically added when you install another free software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this adware program. When you install these free programs, they will also install the SuperLyrics program as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle the SuperLyrics program include 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
Once installed, the SuperLyrics browser extension will highlight words on the websites that you are visiting transforming them into hiperlinks. These “Ads by SuperLyrics” links are placed inside your text (hence the name), and they come with a double underline to differentiate them from normal links. Once the user rolls the mouse over the link the advertising will pop. Should the user click on the “Ads by SuperLyrics” links the browser extension developer will get an affiliate revenue.
“Ads by SuperLyrics” will also display advertising banners on the webpages that you are visiting, and as you browse Internet, it will show coupons and other deals available on different websites.
The “Ads by SuperLyrics” adware infection is designed specifically to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.
Ads by SuperLyrics it’s technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience. The industry generally refers to it as a “PUP,” or potentially unwanted program.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Ads by SuperLyrics adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
How to remove Ads by SuperLyrics pop-up ads (Removal Guide)
This page is a comprehensive guide, which will remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-ups from your computer, and any other adware program that may have been installed during the the setup process.
Please perform all the steps in the correct order. If you have any questions or doubt at any point, STOP and ask for our assistance.
STEP 1: Uninstall “Ads by SuperLyrics” malicious programs from your computer
STEP 2: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
STEP 3: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” adware with AdwCleaner
STEP 4: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” browser hijackers with Junkware Removal Tool
STEP 5: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
STEP 6: Double-check for the “Ads by SuperLyrics” infection with HitmanPro
STEP 1 : Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” malicious.com programs from your computer
The Ads by SuperLyrics pop-up ads may be displayed by an adware program that you have recently installed on your computer. In our case the “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-ups were installed with the SuperLyrics-16, Babylon Toolar, BitGuard, TidyNetwork.com and WebCake 3.0 programs.
In this first step, we will try to identify and remove any malicious program that might be installed on your computer.
- To uninstall the programs that are responsible for the “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-ups from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall SuperLyrics, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics and any other unwanted or recently installed programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed the “Ads by SuperLyrics” infection, the above programs may have a different name or not be installed on your computer.
If you cannot find the program that is responsible for the “Ads by SuperLyrics” infection, you can proceed with the next step.
If you are having issues while trying to uninstall the “Ads by SuperLyrics” malicious programs, you can use Revo Uninstaller to completly remove the unwated programs from your machine.
STEP 2 : Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the orange Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove SuperLyrics and any other unknown extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” extensions from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the SuperLyrics, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
Basically, if you have not installed an extension, you should remove it from your web browser.
STEP 3: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” adware from your computer with AdwCleaner.
The AdwCleaner utility will scan your computer and browsers for “Ads by SuperLyrics” malicious files and registry keys, that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button as shown below.
AdwCleaner will now start to search for Ads by SuperLyrics malicious files that may be installed on your computer.
- To remove the Ads by SuperLyrics malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the OK button.
STEP 4: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” browser hijacker with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool is a powerful utility, which will remove Ads by SuperLyrics redirect from Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.
- You can download the Junkware Removal Tool utility from the below link:
JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download the Junkware Removal Tool utility on your computer)
- Once Junkware Removal Tool has finished downloading, please double-click on the JRT.exe icon as seen below.
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run Junkware Removal Tool, please allow it to run.
- Junkware Removal Tool will now start, and at the Command Prompt, you’ll need to press any key to perform a scan for the Ads by SuperLyrics hijacker.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete (up to 10 minutes) depending on your system’s specifications.
- When the scan Junkware Removal Tool will be completed, this utility will display a log with the malicious files and registry keys that were removed from your computer.
STEP 5: Remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Ads by SuperLyrics malicious files as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 6: Double-check for the “Ads by SuperLyrics” infection with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link, then double-click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for Ads by SuperLyrics malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.
Your computer should now be free of the “Ads by SuperLyrics” infection. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.
If you are still experiencing problems while trying to remove “Ads by SuperLyrics” virus from your machine, please start a new thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum.