PricePeep is an adware program that will display their own ads on eBay,amazon and other websites that you are visiting.These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by PricePeep.
PricePeep got on your computer after you have installed another program that had bundled in their installer the PricePeep adware.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this PricePeep. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
PricePeep – Virus Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall PricePeep from your computer
PricePeep has installed a program called PricePeep Toolbar on your computer which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall PricePeep program from your computer,click the Start button, click on Control Panel,the select Uninstall a program. (Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP users)
- Search and uninstall PricePeep from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the PricePeep residual damage from your browser
Remove PricePeep from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select PricePeep and click Disable.
Remove PricePeep from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove PricePeep from Firefox.
Remove PricePeep from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar,select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the PricePeep extension.
STEP 3: Remove PricePeep files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the below link.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- Start the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setupfile.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes’ prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start and you’ll be prompted to start a trial period , please select ‘Decline‘ as we just want to use the on-demand scanner.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform full scan and then click on the Scanbutton to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for PricePeep malicious files as shown below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 4: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- You can download the latest version of HitmanPro from the below link.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded file to start the HitmanPro installation.
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the malicious files that the program has found.Click on Nextto remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.