If you are seeing words that have a underline words with a green arrow on the left, which when hover over them will show pop-up ads, then your computer is infected with an adware or a potentially unwanted program.
The Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads are caused by an ad-supported (users may see additional banner, search, pop-up, pop-under, interstitial and in-text link advertisements) cross web browser plugin for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, and distributed through various monetization platforms during installation.
These adware programs are commonly bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed adware without your knowledge. These programs are advertised as a programs that will enhance your experience while viewing a video on YouTube or doing online shopping. Though this may sound like a useful service, these programs can be intrusive and will display ads whether you want them to or not. Some of the programs that are known to bundle Underlined Words Pop-up Ads include Youtube Downloader HD, Fast Free Converter, Plus-HD, VCL Player, Flash Player Pro, Player-Firefox and AllLyrics.
When installed, the browser extension that are causing the underline words pop-up ads will highlight words on the websites that you are visiting transforming them into hyperlinks. These links are placed inside your text, and they come with a underline and a green arrow on the left to differentiate them from normal links. Once the user rolls the mouse over the link the advertising will pop. Should the user click on the links the browser extension developer will get an affiliate revenue. Some of the known links that are promoted by the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads are: smart.shopping.com, public8media.com, awardhotspot.com, reviewed.com, WebDiagnosis.com, RehabMatters.com, CampusLeader.com, LiveFinancially.com and many more.
Apart from these Underlined Words Pop-up Ads words, the malicious browser extension will also display advertising banners on the webpages that you are visiting, and as you browse Internet, it will show coupons and other deals available on different websites.
The Underlined Words Pop-up Ads text infection is designed specifically to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.
Underlined Words Pop-up Ads it’s technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience. The industry generally refers to it as a “PUP,” or potentially unwanted pro
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Underlined Words Pop-up Ads adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
How to remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads (Removal Guide)
This page is a comprehensive guide, which will remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Please perform all the steps in the correct order. If you have any questions or doubt at any point, STOP and ask for our assistance.
STEP 1: Uninstall the malicious program responsible for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads links
STEP 2: Remove the browser extension responsible for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
STEP 3: Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads Links adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome with AdwCleaner
STEP 4: Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
STEP 5: Double-check for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads Links infection with HitmanPro
STEP 1: Uninstall the malicious program responsible for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads links
In this first step, we will try to identify and remove any malicious program that might be installed on your computer.
- To uninstall the malicious program responsible for the underlined words pop-up ads from Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the Start button, then click on the Control Panel menu option.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel” .Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there.
- When the Control Panel window opens click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs category. This option is shown by the arrow in the image below. If you are using the Classic View of the Control Panel, then you would double-click on the Programs and Features icon instead.
- When the Programs and Features or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall flash-Enhancer, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 8.9, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, SupTab, RemoveTheAdApp, ValueApps, Lollipop, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YutubeAdBlock 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, QuickShare, Lightspark, Surftastic, Software Version Updater, Media Viewer 1.1, Re-markit and any other recently installed unknown program from your computer.
To view the most recently installed programs, you can click on the “Installed On” column to sort your program by the installation date. Scroll though the list, and uninstall any unwanted or unknown programs.
Depending on what program has installed the Gim.mapopti.net adware infection, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
If you are having issues while trying to uninstall the program responsible for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads, you can use Revo Uninstaller to completely remove this unwanted program from your machine.
STEP 2 : Remove the browser extension responsible for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish
Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab, remove the RightSaver, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YutubeAdBlock 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, QuickShare any other unknown extensions by clicking the trash can icon.
Basically, if you have not installed an extensions then you should remove it from your web browser.
If you cannot remove the extension, and under the trash can you can see the “Installed by enterprise policy” text, then you will need to follow our “Remove Installed by enterprise policy extension from Chrome” guide.
STEP 3: Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility will scan your computer for Underlined Words Pop-up Ads malicious files and registry keys, that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button as shown below.
AdwCleaner will now start to search for Underlined Words Pop-up Ads malicious files that may be installed on your computer.
- To remove the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the OK button.
STEP 5: Remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double-click on the icon named mbam-setup.exe to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK(This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process, then at the last screen click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan, and then click on the Scan button to start searching for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads malicious files.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Underlined Words Pop-up Ads as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan has finished, click on the Show Results button.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the computer infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected. Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked), then click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 6: Double-check for the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads infection with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows). When the program starts you will be presented with the start screen as shown below.
Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for Underlined Words Pop-up Ads malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads adware.
- Click on the Activate free license button to begin the free 30 days trial, and remove all the malicious files from your computer.
Your computer should now be free of the Underlined Words Pop-up Ads infection. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future, and perform regular computer scans with HitmanPro.
If you are still experiencing problems while trying to remove Underlined Words Pop-up Ads from your machine, please start a new thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum.