Windows Secure Web Patch is a rogue security software which will display fake security alerts,reporting that malware has been detected on your computer.This alerts are professional looking pop-ups and when you click on them, you’re advised to buy Windows Secure Web Patch in order to remove the detected threats.
In reality, none of the reported issues are real, and are only used to scare you into buying Windows Secure Web Patch and stealing your personal financial information.
In addition,this malicious program is also causing browser redirects,system slowdowns and has hijacked your PC functions to block certain programs from running (eg: Task Manager,Registry Editor,Run command etc.).
If your computer is infected with Windows Secure Web Patch,then you are seeing this images:
We strongly advise you to follow our Windows Secure Web Patch removal guide and ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.
Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for Windows Secure Web Patch
As an optional step,you can use the following license key to register Windows Secure Web Patch and stop the fake alerts.
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove Windows Secure Web Patch from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
How to remove Windows Secure Web Patch (Uninstall Guide)
STEP 1 : Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the “F8 key”, tap the “F8 key” continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
STEP 2: Remove Windows Secure Web Patch malicious proxy server
Windows Secure Web Patch may add a proxy server which prevents the user from accessing the internet,follow the below instructions to remove the proxy.
- Start the Internet Explorer browser and if you are using Internet Explorer 9 ,click on the gear icon (Tools for Internet Explorer 8 users) ,then select Internet Options.
- Go to the tab Connections.At the bottom, click on LAN settings.
- Uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN. This should remove the malicious proxy server and allow you to use the internet again.
If you are a Firefox users, go to Firefox(upper left corner) → Options → Advanced tab → Network → Settings → Select No Proxy
STEP 3: Run RKill to terminate known malware processes associated with Windows Secure Web Patch.
RKill is a program that will attempt to terminate all malicious processes associated with Windows Secure Web Patch,so that we will be able to perform the next step without being interrupted by this malicious software.
Because this utility will only stop Windows Secure Web Patch running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
- While your computer is in Safe Mode with Networking ,please download the latest official version of RKill.Please note that we will use a renamed version of RKILL so that Windows Secure Web Patch won’t block this utility from running.
RKILL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download RKILL renamed as iExplore.exe)
- Double-click on the iExplore.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Windows Secure Web Patch.
- RKill will now start working in the background, please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and tries to terminate them.
IF you are having problems starting or running RKill, you can download any other renamed versions of RKill from here.
- When Rkill has completed its task, it will generate a log. You can then proceed with the rest of the guide.
WARNING: Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware process will start again , preventing you from properly performing the next step.
STEP 4: Remove Windows Secure Web Patch malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
- Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- Start the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setup file.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes’ prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start and you’ll be prompted to start a trial period , please select ‘Decline‘ as we just want to use the on-demand scanner.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform full scan and then click on the Scanbutton to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Windows Secure Web Patch malicious files as shown below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start removing the malicious files.After completing this task it will display a message stating that it needs to reboot,please allow this request and then let your PC boot in Normal mode.
STEP 5: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- This step can be performed in Normal Mode ,so please download the latest official version of HitmanPro.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded fileto start the HitmanPro installation.
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to starting HitmanPro, you can use the “Force Breach” mode.To start this program in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the malicious files that the program has found. Click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.
- HitmanPro will now start removing the infected objects.If this program will ask you to restart your computer,please allow this request.
18 thoughts on “Remove Windows Secure Web Patch (Uninstall Guide)”
I had this on my computer for a while and thought it was real.Thanks!
Ok,try to do this…
STEP 1 : While in NORMAL MODE,download HitmanPro and then start this program in ForceBreach Mode
1.Here are the direct download links for HitmanPro,
– http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro36.exe (For 32bit)
– http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro36_x64.exe (For 64bit)
2.Hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including this rogue malicious process
Here is a video that explains with graphic details how to do this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6eRWTv2STk
3. If it start ,let it scan and remove all the detected threats , then perform a scan with Malwarebytes.
STEP 2: Download/Run Rkill and then run a scan with Malwarebytes.
1.Download a different named Rkill (direct download links bellow):
2.And then follow the guide starting with the Malwarebytes scan.
STEP3 : Perform a system scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware:
Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the ‘Quarantine selected objects’ button.
If during the removal process Emsisoft will display a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow this request.
If you are still experiencing problems , start a thread in our Malware Removal Support forum : http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Malware-Removal-Assistance
I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I’m just happy that for every joker out there with mischief on their minds, there are good folks like this who help combat them for free. I thought I was going to have to pay someone to fix this laptop.
My hat’s off to you guys. Keep up the good work.
Worked absolutely PERFECTLY for me while trying to remove it from my girlfriend’s computer. Well done sir. Thank you so much!
On the interface of Windows Secure Web Patch in the upper part you’ll see a question mark button (?), press it and then click Activate Now.
In the new window, enter the above serial and then click register.
How do I:
“use the following license key to register Windows Secure Web Patch and stop the fake alerts.
omg thanks alot man, u are my hero. u save my life!
Cant thank you enough….this worked perfectly.
Still cannot believe there are such talented people using their “skills” to hurt others….thank goodness you folks are even more talented then them.
Thanks!!! Guys it worked just like you said step by step that was really helpful i thought Windows Secure Web Patch had me but you guys saved me..i told myself if it worked i would make a comment an it did :)..O yeahh one question i kno the virus is gone but Is the Hitman pro stronly suggestedd or im fine with my computer now after the steps i followed?
-Thanks again i really appreciated please tell me some way i can help you guys out
This worked great! Thank you so much.
Thank you so much for your help, this web patch virus got me but thanks to you I can use my computer again without that stupid thing blocking everything
This is awesome! Thanks!!!!!
The scans time depend on your computer speed and the ammount of data on your hard drive , below you can see some average times for all the scans..
RKILL Scan – 3-5 minutes.
Malwarebytes Scan – 1-2 hours
HitmanPro scan – 5-10 minutes
Is it supposed to take an hour or more while the scan is taking place?
Our guides and tools are free, you don’t need to give us any money as we like to help!
If you want to help us, you can +1 on Google,Tweet about us or click the Like button on facebook!:)
I don’t know how I got this virus but I would like to thank you for this great article!
Can I make a donation?
Worked perfectly!Thank yoU!!