“XP Security Cleaner Pro” is a computer virus (Rogue.FakeRean-Braviax), which pretends to be a legitimate security program and claims that malware has been detected on your computer.
If you try to remove these infections, XP Security Cleaner Pro will state that you need to buy its full version before being able to do so.
Apart from the bogus scan results, XP Security Cleaner Pro will display other fake security alerts that are designed to make you think your data is at risk or that your computer is severely infected.These messages include:
Spyware intrusion detected. Your system is infected. System integrity is at risk. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords. Click here to perform a security repair.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Your system security is in danger. Privacy threats detected. Spyware, keyloggers or Trojans may be working in the background right now. Perform an in-depth scan and removal now, click here.
In reality, none of the reported issues are real, and are only used to scare you into buying XP Security Cleaner Pro and stealing your personal financial information.
As part of its self-defense mechanism,XP Security Cleaner Pro has disabled the Windows system utilities, including the Windows Task Manager and Registry Editor, and will block you from running certain programs that could lead to its removal.
This rogue antivirus has modified your Windows files associations and now whenever you are trying to open or install a program, XP Security Cleaner Pro will block the program from starting, and instead will display a bogus notification in which it will report that the file is infected.
XP Security Cleaner Pro Firewall Alert
XP Security Cleaner Pro has blocked a program from accessing the internet
Internet Explorer is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
If your computer is infected with XP Security Cleaner Pro,then you are seeing these screens:
XP Security Cleaner Pro is a scam, and you should ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.
Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your bank and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for XP Security Cleaner Pro
As an optional step,you can use the following license key to register XP Security Cleaner Pro and stop the fake alerts.
XP Security Cleaner Pro REG Key:
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove XP Security Cleaner Pro from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
XP Security Cleaner Pro – Virus Removal Instructions
STEP 1: Remove XP Security Cleaner Pro malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Chameleon technologies will allow us to install and run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan without being blocked by XP Security Cleaner Pro.
- Download Malwarebytes Chameleon from the below link, and extract it to a folder in a convenient location.
MALWAREBYTES CHAMELEON DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download Malwarebytes Chameleon)
- Make certain that your infected computer is connected to the internet and then open the Malwarebytes Chameleon folder, and double-click on the svchost.exe file.
IF Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will not start, double-click on the other renamed files until you find one will work, which will be indicated by a black DOS/command prompt window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to press a key to continue and Chameleon will proceed to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for you.
- Once it has done this, it will update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and you’ll need to click OK when it says that the database was updated successfully.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now attempt to kill all the malicious process associated with XP Security Cleaner Pro.Please keep in mind that this process can take up to 10 minutes, so please be patient.
- Next, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically open and perform a Quick scan for XP Security Cleaner Pro malicious files as shown below.
- Upon completion of the scan, click on Show Result
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected.
Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked),then click on the Remove Selected button.
- After your computer restarts, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
STEP 2: Remove XP Security Cleaner Pro rootkit with HitmanPro
In some cases,XP Security Cleaner Pro will also install a rootkit on victims computer.To remove this rootkit we will use HitmanPro.
- Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double-click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for XP Security Cleaner Pro malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.