Guide | How To 21 Windows Administrive Tools Explained (by HTG)

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Find out more: http://www.howtogeek.com/193922/21-windows-administrative-tools-explained/

Windows is packed full of system tools, and many of them are in the Administrative Tools folder. The tools here are more powerful and complex, so they’re hidden where most Windows users won’t stumble across them.
Some of these tools are only available on Professional or Enterprise versions of Windows, not the “core” or Home versions of Windows 8.1, 8, and 7. The list of tools here is from a Windows 8.1 Professional system.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
thank you

Do you have a better understanding of Administrive Tools in Windows?

yes but?

Event Viewer

"The Event Viewer displays the Windows event log. Applications, services, and Windows
itself write messages to the event log. Viewing the log can sometimes help you identify
a problem and look up a specific error message, but most of the messages here aren’t important."

i'm not so sure about this

"The Windows tech support phone call scam relies on the Event Viewer to scare users. Don’t fall
for the tricks — it’s normal to see error messages in here."

ok i can see that but i use the Event Viewer and fix things with the info but i also understand
that some errors here are normal sometimes but i fixed my errors here and i do not have meany
no more so it's only sometimes normal to see errors here lol

:)

James

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.