Anti-Exploit : Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium
Anti-Keylogger : KeyScrambler Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, Process Lasso Pro Lifetime, Anvir Task Manager Pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera 12.18 x86, Firefox ESR Latest, IE11,CyberFox Intel x86 Latest.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
System recovery
Terabyte Image for Windows

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Desk looks so pretty ...
Mine is chaotic, every day the icons change their position , some appear , others disappear ...

I had forgotten that a desk could be attractive and functional

Making this media box attractive and functional was one of my main targets along with an extremely light watertight setup without a security software that needs constant updating.

The thought behind my choosing of these specific components was to underline that better security can be achieved through these often underrated security products than you can through a standalone Internet Security which needs to be subscribed on a yearly basis.

In all honesty this setup is an overkill, but people can create their own security setup say by just using L'n'S firewall DeepFreeze and Adguard which I am pretty confident is much more effective in terms of protection than a Standalone Internet Security... you can even substitute the paid softwares that I have used here with free versions of similar products, Eg Tinywall with toolwiz time freeze and admuncher.

I generally buy softwares to support small time developers because they deserve the recognition for their excellent work.

S

Sr. Normal

Making this media box attractive and functional was one of my main targets along with an extremely light watertight setup without a security software that needs constant updating.

The thought behind my choosing of these specific components was to underline that better security can be achieved through these often underrated security products than you can through a standalone Internet Security which needs to be subscribed on a yearly basis.

In all honesty this setup is an overkill, but people can create their own security setup say by just using L'n'S firewall DeepFreeze and Adguard which I am pretty confident is much more effective in terms of protection than a Standalone Internet Security... you can even substitute the paid softwares that I have used here with free versions of similar products, Eg Tinywall with toolwiz time freeze and admuncher.

I generally buy softwares to support small time developers because they deserve the recognition for their excellent work.

I think we're of the same mind .Also I like to obtain a bit of here and a bit of there and to fused it.

Famous security combos fed up with extensions, small external specific programs ( backup , password ... ), at the end you have something unique and yours, something special, but if a problem arises ... find a solution is complicated. ( I think that's another reason why we like these combinations. If it's easy distrust , ha ha :p )

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
No infections yet with this setup yet...working like a charm till now.

Adguard updates are now saved in D drive so they persist even after reboot.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Edited this setup after a long time.. Upgraded to a faster SSD. Removed Defensewall Personal Firewwall and added Sandboxie Lifetime license with containder folder set on a RAMDisk.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As always your configuration is strong enough especially on the hardening part of your Sandboxie + Look N Stop Firewall besides your Deep Freeze component.

M

Mihir :-)

Nice configuration.Deep Freeze Standard is a very good isolation software;)

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Just added KeyScrambler Premium to the mix...working good so far. Hope noneed to change anything for a while now untill something breaks.

D

Deleted member 178

EVEN

Even if I have 3 different laptop's and i mean physical laptops with seperate config's still i am allowed only one config thread ??

yes; if you still want to show them, you have to do it on the same thread (with spoilers or whatever means you my think). We want avoid baby-boom config threads rarely updated.

My own thread has 2 machines detailed.

Reactions: DardiM

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
in that case can you merge the two threads into one and keep this the only thread.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.