Battle Avast or Kaspersky (On my friend's Request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Hi,here is my friend request who is just watching me posting at MalwareTips.
He want to see result in comparing between Avast Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security.

Thanks in advance for your vote and lets see what MT member decide that which is best overall protection.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Haven't got an opinion but make sure he understands that both aren't perfect and both have cons aswell as pros over each other.

I have not tried either software in quite a long while so my memories on how these 2 products performed for me is minimal, Awaiting posts by other members.

Is this friend and the PC personally his or does his entire family share it? Does he game alot, visit alot of websites, (both known and unknown), (If shared, Any banking or online purchases done?).

Also does he have any prior experience with either two products or has he never tried either yet? Information is key and might help with responses. :)

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well out of the 2 choices it is KIS 2013.It has never failed me yet.I think that there are some better free choices available but since this is about just 2 ........................................

CIS 6

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
I

illumination

Im with MrXidus on this one, really depends on how this friend uses his system, it would also be wise to look at system resources as well before making a call..

P

Plexx

Depends on the knowledge of your friend as well as the PC Specs, as well as the needs and features he/she is looking for in a suite.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
The thread i started for not about his pc. Actually I have avast is on my pc and he suggested me to install kis on my pc (as i have valid license for both),and he bet that kis will win with handful of vote against avast.
I am not a gamer.
:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Stranger said:
The thread i started for not about his pc. Actually I have avast is on my pc and he suggested me to install kis on my pc (as i have valid license for both),and he bet that kis will win with handful of vote against avast.
I am not a gamer.

According to the (fan boy) poll Avast is winning at this time.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
KIS 2013

Just my opinion...thanks

McLovin said:
Stranger said:
I am not a gamer.

According to the (fan boy) poll Avast is winning at this time.

Of course it'll...since Avast have many fan boys...never understood why -.-

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Try both and decide for yourself they both have Pros and Cons. I vote Avast because of user-friendly, auto-sandbox, lightness, safezone and the price is much cheaper.

KIS $59.95 for 1 year subscription on sale, regular price $79.95 or $119.95 for two year subscription on sale regular price $159.90

AIS $49.99 for 1 year subscription or $69.99 for 2 year subscription on sale, regular price $94.99.
And there is 3 year subscription for $79.99 on sale, regular price $99.99.

So you can basically get 3 year subscription of AIS cheaper then a 2 year subscription of KIS. You will have to decide for your if KIS is worth the extra money.

For myself I prefer to support security vendors that offer free products to users, Kaspersky doesn't offer very much except for removal tools.

Enjoy!!:D

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
My option is Kaspersky. It's a very good antivirus, it has a low resource usage, a very good detection / prevention and an simple interface.

aquarius

Verified
Jan 15, 2013
Stranger said:
Hi,here is my friend request who is just watching me posting at MalwareTips.
He want to see result in comparing between Avast Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security.

Thanks in advance for your vote and lets see what MT member decide that which is best overall protection.

Since avast! firewall sucks I will chose KIS 2013.
Between avast! AV and Kaspersky AV I will choose avast! AV free :p
but for an IS suite I think KIS 2013 is better balanced; after all you can add MBAM free or EAM free and Hitman Pro free to KIS for a bulletproof solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.